New members - please introduce yourselves here

Just Saying Howdy to All

As you can tell by my User name, I live in Texas. Yes "TEXAS" is a great state. We believe in the 2nd Amend stronger than most states and our Representatives know that ! Anyway, I have hunter and fish all of my life. When a young boy at home, my dad and I would hunt squirrel for the table, not just for fun, even tho it was. I enjoy hunting deer,wild hogs, coyotes and yes squirrels. I have been reloading for several years now and enjoy it. I spent several years working in the manfucturing of munitions for the gov't. Want elebrate on that. I enjoy reading the posts and maybe I can offer some usable advice from time to time. Hats off to all. God Bless

When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns.

bullseye shooter hi

Hi i am a newbe to this sight i am 54 years old man from mi u p I have been reloading for 30 plus years i reload for every gun i own hand gun,rifle,&shotgun and love it nice to be here!! Love Bullseye shooting & 5 stand

I'm a retired naval officer, but haven't had any recent experience with handguns. Used to shoot .22s competitively a long time ago. Otherwise my only experience has been with weapons that are tough to conceal :)

Just lost a friend to an armed mugger and after a lot of thought have decided to exercise my 2nd Amendment right and go with concealed carry in Virginia.

I've pretty well decided on S&W 9mm Shield but finding ANY handguns for sale is next to impossible. None of the local dealers have any stock.

Any thoughts are welcomed.

Greetings all I'm new to this forum and would like to introduce myself. Originally from Smith Point, LI but have lived in the free Commonwealth of Virginia for the last 7 years. I am a disabled/retired survivor of the attacks on the World Trade Center on 9/11. I have always had a love of firearms and since moving to Richmond I can now freely exercise my 2A rights. I have since amassed a small arsenal/collection of various rifles and hand guns.
:cool:

Last edited:
Hello yall. New to the forum and new to firearms.

I have a Beretta Nano as my current and primary firearm. This was/is my first handgun. I bought it with the intent to CC, which will be become reality on Saturday ( get my picture taken for the ID card), having never touched a handgun before the day I bought this gun.

I completed a Basic Combat pistol course this weekend and hope/plan on doing more. It was a blast to being something other then shooting paper static targets.

Last edited:
Hello! My name is Aimee. I live on a ranch in Texas.

I bought my first gun about twenty-five years ago. I had run away from a potentially dangerous boyfriend. I was living in Wyoming, and I asked the sheriff if I needed help, could he get there in time to save me. He thought about it for a few seconds, and replied, "well, we could get there in time to notify your parents." I took my first gun lesson from him the next day.

I own a Ruger .357 magnum for home defense, a little .32 for backup, and just last week I bought my first semi-auto, a Springfield XDM .45, for feral hog defense.

I'm enjoying coming here and am learning a lot.

New from austin

been lurking here a while and wanted to introduce myself.

lived in austin for 10+ years and love it here. hunt a little, target shoot more, and bbq a lot. life is good.

thanks to everyone on this forum for contributing to a great source of info. can't wait to start contributing.

Hello TFL

I've been shooting handguns since just after the LA riots, but now I live in the sticks in Michigan. No more range fees. Yay!

I live in Northern Eastern Idaho on a ranch. I enjoying hunting, fishing, and camping in the high country. Guns have always been apart of my family. I have several pistols in auto mag to revolvers and several rifles.

Kicking and Screamining into the 21st century

Hello, i'm new here, I've been lurking i the shadows for a couple years and reading various threads and I decided to register. I am have found this forum very interesting and hope it continues that way. So long, see you around.:rolleyes:

Hi all,
Been viewing as a guest for a little while now. You all have a nice forum here. I'm not new to shooting but am new to keeping up to date with everything. As of late I've been doing more shooting than what I should be doing with the shortage and all the panic buying still going on. Anyways, hi all and I hope to be able to contribute in some way.
-Timbo

Howdy! New member, and life long resident, of the great state of Georgia. More of a reader than a poster, but I'm trying to get better! Looking forward to talking with you.

New from Tn

Checking in from East Tennessee,looking to mooch as much info and knowledge as possible and find folks to shoot & train with and contribute where I can.Glad to be here.

Gun convert

Hello All,

I took an NRA basic class a little over a month ago and am hooked. Mostly interested in HD and getting familiar enough to carry concealed. 41yo male in south central PA. I will likely be posting several question to the forum in the next few days...

Greetings...

Retired Federal Law Enforcement (Explosive Detection K9 Handler, Federal Firearms Instructor) and a 26 year retired 18C. I am also an NRA instructor.

Nice Site....

Hello fellow shooters!

I'm a retired software developer living in the middle of Texas. I'm an avid shooter of rifles & handgun; handloader, hunter, fisherman, arrowhead hunter, shed hunter & general tinkerer of all sorts.

My favorite rifles are single shots (Ruger #1 & Browning 78) & a believer that the rem 700 is the best bolt gun ever made (JIMHO - LOL). My favorite handguns are my plain-Jane Colt 1911A1 & a S&W 19 .357 Mag. I have a CHL but only carry occasionally (I need to work on that problem). My favorite cartridges are .270 Win & .45 ACP.

I joined this site because I hope to tap into some experienced information that I need with handloading & "garage gunsmithing". Also, I'd enjoy some good comradery with other sportsman.

(BTW: when I look through the spotting scope & all the bullets are in one hole, I call it a BumbleBug - LOL)

Thanks for having me...

Hello all,
Thought I'd check in!. I've been a lurker here for a while and found this a place a wealth of information (thanks to all the posters) I've bee a gun owner since the age of 13 (first gun was a mossberg .410 bolt same as the one listed a few posts back. Competed in high school small bore competetions and went to do the rest of my firearm training at Fort Benning GA.. Started shooting and reloading bout 4 months ago and just recently started IDPA shooting (hell of a time to start a shooting hobby!).
Collected military memorabilia mostly Airforce and even built a f-16 cockpit flight simulator http://www.viperpits.org/smf/index.php?topic=856.240 . Been an avid fisherman for years and hit the tournament traill when i get the chance.

Looking forward to chatting with yall
Z

Back