New members - please introduce yourselves here

Hey everyone, guess I'm a little late to the intro. This is my 100th post on this site, so better late than never I guess.:D

Anyway, I am 31 years old, live in Missouri and recently got into guns in march of this year. I was robbed at gun point for the third time in my life and decided that I never wanted to feel like a helpless fool ever again. I got my CCW, got a Glock 23 and a Taurus Pt-22 as a BUG and carry them both everyday. I go to the range once a week and am confident in my shooting abilities.

I feel sorry for the next person that tries to rob me as they will be in for a very unpleasant surprise. I will not be a victim again and to those of you questioning whether or not to get a CCW and carry, do it! This world is a dangerous place and there are people out there who WANT to hurt and kill you. Be safe and prepare for it.

Good morning all. Native American former Marine OOOORAH! Love my country, dogs, kids, gf. Up to them to figure out the order. Very opinionated but I do hope to learn a little more everyday.

Hi !!! Newbie here...

Hello friends,

I am Dardanos porter, a newbie here. I was searching for fire arm related discussion, and came with a lots of communities, but I like this forum and joined here to participate in the discussions. Hope all will accept me and support me throughout.

Thanks and regards,
Dardanos Porter.

Second time here

I signed up in February but this is my first "real" day on the forum. I work with Gun Casket, LLC (www.GunCasket.com) and figured I'd just pop in and see what the forum is all about. It seems like a great tool for getting quick answers to gun related questions. Look forward to getting to know you all.

New guy from Southern Maine

Just a quick hello from Maine. Looking forward to learning all I can from the membership and helping when I can.

FWest

Noob here from Colorado. Just recently got into shooting outside of my line of work as well as teaching the wife and daughter.

I get on some other forums more frequently like horsepowerjunkies.com and yellowbullet.com.

New to this forum

A friend of mine saw my picture with Gladys the Goose at Yellowstone and emailed me the link from another gun forum. Nice to meet ya'll.

Hello from the Dirty South!

Hi all, call me Mike. Im from Cali now living in Mississippi. I try to be nice so try back! Im retired at 50 after being shot when I was a California LEO. I sit around now and try to learn new things.

HEY EVERYONE!!!

In the short time I have been here I have learned a lot. I hope to be active on the forums for a long time.

A Missouri Newbie Here

I everyone. My real name is Ed. I am older than dirt and have hunted with fire arms most of my life. I also like recreational shooting when I have the time for it. I live on the edge of a national forrest and my wife of 42 years calls me a hermit. I seldom go to town, as I can always have her pick up the seasonings for my deer, rabbit and squirrel. I can sit on my front porch and catch catfish If I get to hankering for fish soup beans and cornbread. So she may be correct about trhe hermit thing

I was actually searching for information to aid me in the disassembly and re-assembly of one of my squirrel guns when I ran into this site. I found it to be not only friendly but very helpful so I joined up. Gereat site here youall.

Hey Y'all!!

Newbie here from western NC! I'm from England originally, and LOVE visiting home, but wow...bless their hearts if they wanna go shoot...

Anyhoo...I work in the airline business, in the past as a pilot, but after getting burned out on the pilot lifestyle of 15 nights a month in a crappy hotel room, I went into training and now work as an instructor for a major airline. My shooting experience has evolved over the years, from my Grandfather in England being a Gamekeeper who let me shoot his shotguns back in the 70s when that could be done without Parliament getting involved, to growing up in NC killing squirrels and Coke bottles with a Ruger 10/22 to now.

Currently my collection includes:

Mossberg 500 18.5" Pistol Grip (for things that go bump in the night)
S&W M&P15 Sport
HK MP5-22 (Brand new this week and absolutely amazing that shooting can be this fun for so little $$$)
HK USP Compact .40 (also for things that go bump in the night)
Walther P99 9mm
Walther PPK/S .380
SiG Mosquito (yeah I know, but it once shot 9 rounds without a FTF/FTE)
Makarov 9mmx18 (bought from a buddy a decade ago for $80...best buy EVER...I love this gun!)
Rossi .38 2" (cheap, and if popular opinion is believed a POS, but its the first gun I ever bought, and over the past 20 years it hasn't missed a beat)
S&W 65-2 4" .357

So, on to my shooting habits...I live on 11 acres in the country and frequently come home to deer in the field in front of my driveway...whenever I do I reach for the 35mm SLR digital. I completely respect those who shoot for food, but it's not for me until it becomes a survival issue. For now I'm happy striking fear into paper targets 2-3 times a month while learning more about he sport.

So that's me...hi guys! (and girls)

Last edited:
Hello TFL

New member here. Have seen the forum many times and have decided to join.
Im also a member of,

The High Road.
TaurusArmed
GeorgiaPacking ( forum member )

Nice to meet everyone here and hope to learn a lot as I see I will. Been lurking for some time!

Guns that I have

Taurus PT145
Ruger GP-100
Armscor AK-22
Mossberg 500AT

Hi all,
Just signed on a few days ago. I am a black powder shooter. I shoot an original M-1884 Springfield Infantry rifle using period military targets, distances, firing positions, and scoring. I also load the .45 Colt in black powder. I like doing things in the traditional way and am partial to the antique arms. Look forward to hearing from others.

Industry Professional Coming Aboard

Hello Everyone,

My name is Rob Tackett and I am the owner of TacStrike where I manufacture some of the best steel targets on the market and run the only shooter's gear consignment shop. My other full time job is as the Senior Instructor for Pat Goodale at Practical Firearm Training which is one of the premier shooting schools in the industry.

We are not here to spam or post about our business until asked. If you would like to know more about us please feel free to contact us via our website or Facebook Page.

Some of our close friends and customers are already members here and we thank each of them for their continued support and invitation to join. We hope to give back as much as possible here at TFL. Time is short right now though with the training season in full swing and the company starting in its 5th week.

So far so good,

Rob T.

Hello TFZ

New member here from Atlanta, Georgia. I have been instructing firearms for 6 years and am always looking for good information that people want to share. If you need something from me, just ask.

Hey, new guy here. Everytime I do a google search for something gun related I get sent here so I thought I'd sign up.

I was really bummed to read the rules and see that zombie threads were prohibited. :confused:

Checking in from Southern California. Never one to collect guns and have only shot a few in 20+ years. However, now it seems the internal hunter in me has surfaced and I now find myself reading all I can get my hands on. Last month I purchased my first gun a Ruger New Vaquero .357 and can't put it down. What a great feeling at the range. I'm taking my time in learing all I can and will looking for a rifle to complement my Ruger.

hey, i'm seddi 61

Hey. My name is seddi. Due to the nature of my work I cannot reveal my real name or my location. It'll be nice to get to know y'all though. I'm a security enforcement officer at one of the largest malls in America. It's not the mall of America, but its no joke either. I put my life on the line every day just as often as police officers if not more. I'm looking to share my knowledge and learn from everyon

Back