New members - please introduce yourselves here

Newbie, Don/redlinesrule from NH

Good afternoon,

Don from New Hampshire & it's great to be here! Very interested in learning the different aspects on semi auto carbines as well as hand guns for both protection & taking the family out for some fun. I currently have a Ruger Sporter 10/22 & absolutely love this rifle as it's easy, fun & very cheap to shoot. Yup, that's the only firearm I currently own but am looking to add more. I've always loved the military rifles & have been very interested in the AR15, AK47, SKS, M1, & M1A. Yes, a big jump from a little 10/22 but that's why I'm here, to learn about these guns as well as the advantages & disadvantages of all. Thanks for the read....Don ~

hello

new guy
name is Tim im a lifetime gun user and owner and joined to gain as well as share info on guns and life;)
hope to make some new friends and maybe catch up with some old ones

I've greatly enjoyed reading TFL the last few months, and thought it was time to register and say something now and then.
I'm getting back into firearms after being into other hobbies for a while. I'm interested in all aspects of guns, but mainly I've been learning about how to carry concealed.

Hi everyone :) I'm a person (very creative username,eh?) And i'm a gun addict :)
I LOVE shooting guns for fun, as well as hunting and target practice. I also fish occasionally.

Just wanted to say hi to all. I have been around on TFL for a few months now and thanks to you all I have manage to spend a couple of grand. So a BIG thanks to all. :D Tony

Here I am....

My name's Jeff. New Here. Looking to expand my shallow pool of information on all this good stuff. Thanks....

Greetings

I'm a police officer from across the pond (Glasgow, Scotland to be more precise :) ) and I'm here to share my own personal passion for fire-arms.

Hope to make the trip to the US soon to FINALLY get my hands on all the beautiful weapons I can't legally shoot over here!!!

Hello everybody. Im 21, from indiana and i grew up with gun hating parents. First with my mother, then with my father, and back and forth till a few years ago. I dont know if it was their hate for them that made me love guns more but as far back as i can remember i had always loved them. As of now i only own 1 .22 which was given to me by my grandfather. I did have pellet rifles (that i hid from my parents of course) up untill i turned 18 but, they just couldnt cut it. I am planning on adding to my collection i just dont wonna get addicted like i think i might.... 1 .22 just isnt enough!

Howdy

Howdy all,

New member here, I'm prior service infantry, I been a security contractor and am in law enforcement. I am a die hard shooter and hunter and hope to move into instructing.

Frustrated Newbie Here

Hi,

So, I'm actually from CA, but my hubby and I moved to Kansas City, MO 7 years ago. We never thought about owning a gun until three months ago, so we took the CCW class and have since purchased the Ruger LC9 and a Ruger .22 (We started learning more and more about the NRA and the on-going threat to the 2nd amendment).

So, today I just got my CCW certification from the Sheriffs dept, which is very cool. The pisser is that we just learned last week that my husband's just is bringing us back to CA! All our rights and privileges disappear the moment we put our foot on California soil (grrr).

Anyway, we're moving to Santa Rosa, CA, so we need to find a good gun range for newbies learning how to improve their shooting. If there's a club to join where we can eventually get involved in activities, that would be great, too.

How is the rest of CA reacting to the restrictions over there?
jkgunnr

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi.

I have already posted a few times but I still wanted to say hello on here.

I live in Mesquite, NV and moved here from Fargo, ND. Guns have become a passion of mine over the course of this year. I was out shooting for the first time on Jan 30 and was hooked the first time I tried it. I have a small collection of handguns (22lr and 2 9mm) and hope to get a 40 cal before the end of the year.

Being addicted to the internet, this site will probably be one of my daily visits. :) Looking forward to it!

New to TFL

Hello everyone,

I am checking in to say Hi ! and thanks for having me.. I'm retired since 2006 and would be enjoying it more with better health . The Mrs also.. Bad health never figured in our retirement plans but here it is anyway..
I've owned guns since 1956 , never got into reloading or collecting to any great degree.. Got a couple military types and some handguns..
The Mrs and I have had our concealed carry licenses since they became available in 2004 in Ohio..
We believe that we are our first line of defence.. I carry a Ruger P95PR15 and she carries a Taurus Ultralite 32 H&R Mag.
Two grown children with 3 grandkids and two great grandkids..
Again thanks for having us..

glenn

Hi all

I'm a silhouette shooter / IDPA shooter / collector / activist out in South Africa, been a member here for quite a while, posted elsewhere today and saw that it was my post #1.

So figured an introduction might be in order.

New from New Mexico

Just found this forum today and joined right up. Looks like there are some great people and discussions and I'm looking forward to joining in. :D

Hello! I am a new TFL member.

:) I am a member on several forums and enjoy talking and learning about guns of all kinds. I am more interested in S&W revolvers from the 70's and 80's but I have other guns to. Don

Back