New members - please introduce yourselves here

I have been reloading for a couple of years now, and have found this forum to be a good source of information. I am currenly reloading 45ACP, 9MM, 223/5.56MM and just starting with the 270WIN. I will be starting with the 140gr. SST projectile and H1000 or H4831 powder. I am looking for a good hunting/accurate load with this combo, and will be trying some long distance shooting. Thanks for any help.
JB

hello

I'm Houston. Been collecting mostly military style guns and class III stuff since 1999. I'm a radiologist and just recently had a eureka that I should image my collection. I'm just starting that process now. I will post some sample images in the appropriate forums.

-hh

I'm 65 years old and have been hunting/shooting since I was 8. I grew up in Missouri and pretty much lived in the outdoors - fishing, hunting, bowhunting, exploring. I guess I haven't changed much since then. I've lived in southwest Georgia for the past 35 years and have finally adjusted to the lack of snowfall and hardwood trees.

My primary passion is bowhunting deer, but I love guns and have a bunch. I like the simple mechanics of older model guns. There's something beautiful about the logic of levers and springs bringing simple steel to a powerful explosion that stirs the soul.

New member from NY

Just signed up today, so I figured I'd say hi. I've been around guns all of my life and have been reloading for a number of years. Have a small collection comprised mostly of my fathers guns with a few of my own purchases thrown in for good measure. Used to shoot trap competitively (ATA and a local trap circuit) but most of my shooting now is informal target shooting. I reload just about everything I shoot regularly (calibers: .280 Rem, 6.5x55mm Swedish, .45 ACP, .45Colt, 12ga). Currently contemplating the purchase of a ruger Mini-14 Ranch Rifle but haven't made a decision on this yet.

Stu

Another new member here. Have been teaching on the high school and college levels for some 45 years. Now heading for my 70th birthday, still teaching full-time and still enjoying it. Was introduced to shooting around the age of 10 thanks to an older brother and a godfather, both experienced hunters who were willing to spend patient, instructional time with a big-eyed, snot-nosed kid. A few years later, discovered the pleasures of motorcycling when I got a ride on the back of an older friend's Harley 74. Since then, save for a pre-Vietnam hitch in the U.S. Navy, shooting and riding have been my recreational activities of choice. I have a son who lives and does something incomprehensible with computers in San Francisco. Summer vacations allow me the time for long cross-country trips to see him. This past summer, rode my '07 H-D Low Rider out to Lost Wages, NV, to meet him. Summer before, rode to Salmon, ID (nice town, beautiful country!). I came across this TFL forum while looking for info on the Sig 238, recently added to the "approved" list here in gun-hating Massachusetts. For some years I've carried a NAA Guardian .32 ACP as a pocket pistol and was interested in up-grading to something with a bit more potency. Ended up buying a spiffy little Sig 238 in .380 ACP, nitron finish and rosewood grips - sweet pistol! Now waiting for a Desantis Superfly pocket holster. In addition to the new Sig, have some 20-odd long guns and handguns. Nothing particularly exotic or expensive, although I'm pretty partial to my vintage Browning Hi-Power in 9mm, my S&W model 745 in .45 and my Colt Officer's model also in .45. Can't recall which member of this forum commented along the lines of "I don't collect guns, I just accumulate them" but I think he described my situation pretty well. Basically, as long as I can get a leg over the Harley and a few shots in the black, I'm a happy camper.

Howdy from sealy, texas

GREETINGS TO ALL MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM !!!!! MY NAME IS MICHAEL & I AM 60 YEARS OLD. I HAVE SUSTAINED MULTIPLE MINOR STROKES SINCE 2008, WHICH SEVERELY AFFECTED MY VISION. THEREFORE, I MUST TYPE IN CAPITAL LETTERS---I AM NOT YELLING AT ANYONE. I AM A 32 YEAR RETIRED SAFETY, HEALTH, & ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEER, WHO IS PRETTY MUCH HOME-BOUND THESE DAYS DUE TO MY PHYSICAL ISSUES. HERE IS MY SHOOTING BIO:

---50 YEARS TOTAL SHOOTING EXPERIENCE
---35 YEARS FULL-TIME METALLIC CARTRIDGE RELOADER
---30 YEARS GUNSMITHING EXPERIENCE (1911 pistols, Colt & SW revolvers, & bolt action rifles--Rem 700, Win 70, Howa 1500, & Savage 110)
---NRA LIFE MEMBER SINCE 1984 & ANNUAL MEMBER BEFORE THAT
---PRESIDENT, SW LOUISIANA R&P CLUB, 1994-1995
---ARDENT FOLLOWER OF COL. JEFF COOPER & THE MODERN TECHNIQUE
---TEACH AMMO RELOADING & FIREARMS SAFETY TO ADULTS & OLDER CHILDREN.

PERSONAL: MARRIED 30 YEARS TO A FRENCH SPEAKING CAJUN, BORN-AGAIN GENTILE CHRISTIAN ZIONIST, 2 DAUGHTERS (one married) NEW S.I.L HAS PERMIT TO CARRY & ATTENDING TEX A&M AS ELECTRICAL ENG. MAJOR

ANYTHING I CAN DO TO SERVE THE SHOOTERS OF THIS FORUM & SHARE MY YEARS OF EXPERIENCE, I AM WILLING TO DO SO. D-V-C

Hello from Chicago, Illinois!

Hello!

This is AJ and Fidelity Investigative Training Academy in Chicago, Illinois. We are happy to be on the forum and participating in the various discussions here. We are a private training academy for private security and private investigators in Chicago, providing state-mandated training, firearms training and advanced training.

Since McDonald v. City of Chicago, we also provide the "Chicago Firearms Permit Course" firearms training to residents of the City of Chicago. Since we began, we have found ourselves "front and center" in the Illinois Firearms discussion, and have received support from folks in favor of second amendment rights, and attacks from those violently against it.

We look forward to many insightful discussions.

Happy to find a place to read, learn and share about shooting. Retired after 23 years as an LEO, 20 years in Alaska. Kodiak, Dillingham, Anchorage, Juneau, Unalaska. Living in Wyoming now, great state to live and play.
Fishing, Hunting, shooting, reloading since I was an uneducated and inexperienced teenager.

New guy here as well! From Western NC!

Been browsing the forums for a while, decided to bite the bullet and join, as I had some questions about my Savage 10FP

Haven't really been into guns until the last 3 or so years, I currently have a Savage 10fp in .308, an AK47, a Benelli Nova pump, a Marlin model 60c, for my "long" guns, and for my handguns, I have a Glock21SF, a Glock 36, and a Ruger LCP.

;)

wheelyfun here..

I am ex-infantry paratrooper, served in Panama and Iraq.

Have commercial helicopter license, but have not worked as pilot since 1990.

I am currently working as a behavioral interventionist at a vocational farm school for troubled youth.

Currently studying to become an elementary school teacher!

Love motorcycles, firearms, bowhunting, photography, and japanese sword practice.

Been a lurker here for years, but just joined today!
Glad to be here.

Another newbie to the forum here. Looks like a very informative place to read up and participate in discussions.

I'm fairly new to the firearm world. Just recently got my Concealed license in FL and also purchased my first handgun in Sept.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Hello all, thanks for having me here.

Ive been a fan of firearms for as long as I can remember. I currently have an old Western Auto Revelation .22lr, needs a new feed tube but it still functions flawlessly after many years. Was left to me by my grandfather. Also I have a Savage .22lr Bolt Action Mk II. One of the best shooting rifles Ive ever shot, though it does have problems extracting empties at times, depending upon the manufacturer of the ammo. CCI feeds pretty well in it. Also have a Remington 870 Express Super Magnum, 3.5'' magnum. Thinking about getting a 12 gauge with a shorter barrel as I dont hunt much anymore. Mostly just shoot and collect. I have yet to get a pistol, have not had the fundage recently with a new baby boy and all. I will be getting one around tax time if all works out. Thinking about a 1911 or a CZ SP01.

Again, thanks for having me here.

Hello Everyone,

I'm a newbie here. Glad I found this site and the loads and loads of info available. I got a Remington 597 .22lr for Christmas and am looking forward to finding a place to shoot and learning more about the hobby.

I enjoy the outdoors, music and photography among other things.

Hi All,

I'm a newbie here too... I finally purchased my first handgun today, a PT92! :D I'm very happy to have found a place I can read and be part of intellectual discussions regarding firearms.

Thanks All and see you in the forum!

I am looking forward to open, honest, intelligent exchanges about all aspects of firearms and 2nd amendment issues.

Meh

I'm born and raised in the great state of Tennessee. Then I grew up and moved to the greater state of Texas. I've been shooting since I was about 7 starting with a break-action 410. My main focus is handguns.

New Member Here

Hey,

I'm new here. Ok, a few details about me:
I am a criminal psychologist and I'm not the kind that makes excuses for them.
I am of the type that proves they're lying to get a reduced sentence and make sure they get their full term

To the guns: I am a 1911 fan as well as a large bore revolver fan.
Perhaps I'm a recoil junkie. And as no introduction is complete
without pics hear we go (Just my favorites):

View attachment 65793
View attachment 65794
View attachment 65795

Last edited:
Hello guys and girls, i am a gun nut that has started to build a nice arsenal of guns for myself and just needed a good site to bounce ideas off of so i will see you all around.:D

Hello!!

Hi, I do not know if this one is the place indicated to appear, but I did not find other one.
I´m a instructor of shooting, and sport shooter in my country 30 years ago or more and I am a writer of articles in magazines and Spanish forums too, my idea is to share knowledge.
Sorry for my english, I read the best English that I write and write better that I speak.
Between my weapon I have Glock G22; S*W 686 2,5 "; Ruger SP101; CZ SP01 Shadow; System Colt 1911 To 1 DGFM (clown Argentino); Ruger 512 Mk III; Hamerli 280s; Baikal TO35Z; Morini 162M and more.
Best Regards from Rosario Argentina.

Tomate©
q=)

Back