New members - please introduce yourselves here

Hello,

I'm Scarlet from NH, by no means new to guns or shooting (shot with my dad as a kid/teenager), but still pretty much a novice. Looking to buy my first gun. Joined the forums to do some research and hob nob with people who know their stuff so that I can learn some new things.

hello

hi yall im from mississippi i have been shooting since i can remember. But I want to futher my knowledge on firearms so any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

New member from KY

Just found this site this morning.
Alot of good info here.
I have a S&W M&P 40 full size, a 22 9 shot revolver they dont make anymore & a 32 revolver they dont make anymore.
Will be purchasing a 357, 9 mm, 12 gauge, AK-47, AR-15.

New member, wooooo.

I've been reading TFL for a few years and just realized I had never joined, so I did.

- D

New girl on the block

Hi. I just started shooting recently with my husband and in-laws and I love it! I've been to the range a few times and my husband gave me a 9mm Ruger semiauto P93DC in pristine condition after he figured out that I was going to make shooting a serious hobby. Additionally, we own a Mosin Nagant, a Hi Point 9mm carbine assault rifle (which has been a very reliable, accurate gun, despite all the naysayers on this forum), a .22 Marlin plinker, a .410 shotgun, and a Cobra FS .380 jamomatic piece of crap :barf: that we got as a gift.

I've shot all these guns except the Mosin Nagant, (due to the enormous, unprotected recoil), and I also shot my in-laws' .38 special, .380 Beretta semiauto, 9mm S & W semiauto, and Ruger .22 LR pistol. I welcome all the advice and wisdom that I can get from all the other experienced gun owners on the forum!

Hello everyone. I happened to be looking at some threads this afternoon and saw one that I wanted to post to it so I joined the group.

I'm semi retired, live in Florida, have been shooting more years than I care to mention. I enjoy fishing, hockey (Red Wing fan), and as my wife puts it, "playing with my guns" and of course shooting, although ammo is pretty expensive.

I don't do a whole lot of posting but when the topic and situation arises, I sure will add my 2 cents.

Hi, I'm a usual reader to the forum but new to joining.

Reason being is that I am building my first AR and I figured this is a good place to come to get some help if I have questions. :)

New here

New to TFL, 35, recently moved to Gilbert from Mesa. Moved here to Arizona bout 8 yrs ago from Tennessee. Been shooting for bout 20 yrs, but alway wanting to learn more. LOoking for a good spot to shoot out In east Valley. CLoser than Table Mesa. It's 60 miles from my house.. If someone could point me to the correct forum, I would appreciate it.....

How-D,
New to the site, but have about 42 yrs of firearms experience, from barking squirrels to toting a M-16 A1 around for a hitch, 50yrs on the body-o-meter.
Love the Game but not some of the opposing teams... Hope I can help some, and learn some... and will certainly keep my mouth shut when I cant do one or the other...

Kimber Adv Tac in .308, SOCOM 16, AR-10, AR-15, Glocks, Springfield 1911 Custom, Ruger 77, several hunting rifles, 1950's era pre 27 357 mag w/factory nickle finish, various shotguns and other odds and ends...

TTYL

I've visited the forum as a guest many times over the past year or so, and finally made an account because I'm seriously interested in buying my first handgun.
I'm 22, live near Ann Arbor, and I'm in school full time to be an ESL teacher. I have been around/using guns recreationally since I was very young. .22s with grandpa and the boy scouts, my uncle's MAK-90 as a teenager and I've recently started having fun with grandpa and his revolvers.
It will be interesting to look back on this post 5 gun purchases in the future and see my thought process as a 1st time owner.

Last edited:
Hello all! I'm Ted, living in south Central Texas. Have been an avid loader, hunter, shooter, and hobby 'smith for years on bolt actions and lever actions. Have ventured into semi-auto's (pistols and rifles) recently, mostly in the desire for defense of home and property in these uncertain days. I have lots of questions concerning carry laws, legal issues on semi-automatics, and the semiautomatic firearms in general.

Thanks for having me aboard!

New from Georgia

Hello Forum,
I am Tom, and have been an avid shooter all my life. Grew up in an area where hunting was still a way of life, and love the mechanics of firearms. Not really a collector, I believe all firearms should be used regularly like any good tool. Hoping to give and get a lot from this forum, so bear with me while I learn the ropes.

New but interested and having fun with the site

I was glad to find this site! So far, I was a bit stuck at a campfire...
I noticed that no one had mentioned, atleast not that I have found, that Ross Seyfried currently writes for the Double gun journal. Its not accesable online maybe, but his articles can also be found on the NRA website, and several on hrca honda website. There is also a saftey video of Ross on the remington700.tv web site. Everyone talks about him in a past tense I am seeing but hopefully the above will get his readers (like me) a fresh place to look.
If anyone is interested, I also have information about his ranch, Elk Song recently placed on the market.

Hello, I am new to this forum and have not had much experience with handguns. I have plenty of experience with rifles though. My interests in hand guns started with- Ruger p95, sig 226, colt 1911 and the R9 9mm ( for my wife). I thank you and I hope to learn alot on this forum. I also dabble in knife making and love to collect different kinds of domestic and exotic wood. SB

Last edited:
new member from NC

New member form NC.

I don't know a whole lot about firearms so I hope I can come here with any question I'll have.

I plan on being a cop, I start BLET Academy on Monday (1/24) for 16 weeks. After that I plan on buying a Smith & Wesson M&P full size, just not sure on the caliber yet but I'm thinking the .40 cal.

I am also an NRA member.

Last edited:
Just wanted to stop by and say hello. I have been involved in firearms since childhood and have stop by this site pretty often so I thought I may as well join.

Greetings from snow covered New York!

Hello all! Greetings from snow covered Upstate New York.
My name is George
My Wife Rose and I Own an Online Gun Store :cool: http://rggunsny.com We also have a brick and mortar store here in New York.This forum has a lot of great topics to read and discuss.
We both have concealed carry (Pistol Permits) as there called in Wayne county ,New York.We enjoy shooting and talking with fellow gun owners .About guns or anything. I Look forward to Reading the posts and talking to all of you.We as gun owners are charged with making sure that our rights are never taken away. This site is a great place.
George
Be safe:)
See in the gun shop

Hello . . . again?

Hello everyone. I guess I am new again because I used to post messages years ago so I know I had a membership but apparently since I suffer from CRS syndrome (can't remember &$#!) I needed to create a new membership id. So hello again everyone.

Back