New members - please introduce yourselves here

Hey all. Name's Andrew, I just discovered the forum while searching for answers concerning a recent purchase and now i can't stop reading the threads here. Seems that MOST of the ppl here have good info and the rest are good for entertainment. Hopefull i will be able to bring both to the table. Been around long guns all my life but only owned for a couple of years now. Love archery and finally became a handgun owner just a few months ago. Looking forward to participating in the forums

Hey all...

Greetings from the Chicagoland area. I figured after the poor performance of our our Bears yesterday that it was time to get a gun...

Actually, I have some shooting experience and am looking to get more involved. Thanks for all the advice in the forums... You're a great help.

I've been visiting and posting on here for about a month or so but never really introduced myself. So hello everyone and thank you for the fun forums.
700CDL says,
"When seconds count, the police are only a few minutes away"

Hello. Jan. 26, 2011

Hello
A google search landed me on a very interesting thread.

So I decided to join.

I am no stranger to online forums, so expect no problems from me.

I am researching a K98 that I have in my possession, as well as other 'collectibles'.

You know how it goes. The only purchases you regret are the ones that you didn't make, right?

I have to be very careful about the collectible I have. It's been hell having one of only one. But apparently there is another, and I sent this gentleman a private message, and I pray he gets it.

That's my story.

Houston area. Male. Engineering Mgr. 42. Law abiding. Politically active.

Hey All,

Another new guy here, name is Erik, 34 year old just getting back into shooting. I used to shoot a lot as a child having been raised in a Law Enforcement and Military family. It's been about 15 years since I had gone shooting, and now remember how great it is!

So, based on that, I've purchased my first 2 handguns over the past couple of days. I picked up an H&K HK45, and a Sig Sauer P226 TACOPS.

Look forward to talking guns with all of you!

Thanks

Geetings from a newb in SE TEXAS..gulf coast and expecting snow! that aint right. Had about a 20 yr hiatus from shooting, but got back into last few years..My son loves to hunt and plink..and dang it, my college junior daughter loves it more..missed out on that

Been mostly a revolver guy, but recently got a 22/45...love it and affordable to go out for the afternoon...

member NRA CCA
me-25-06, 22/45, marlin 22 rifles, couple 38 sp.
son-got him a new 7mm-08, loves it...shot a nice lil hog last yr with my 25-06, didnt see anything this year with his new rifle:(

Last edited:
Hey All, just joined the forum 02/03/11. I live in Michigan and am in the very beginning stages of the CPL process. I hope to learn some things from joining this forum and look forward to chatting with you all.

new tfl

Hello every one im jna 142. Just like to say thanks to every one who has posted on my thread about hi-point grips and hi-point hand guns. I know there not that popular yet, just give them time. Again thank you.

new to forum

Hello all out there I am new to this forum site with lots of questions and some answers. I have recently opened a firearm dealership in western montana.
Does anyone have any recomendations on specific wholesale firearm dealers that are easy to work with and have good pricing for ffls ?

Hi!
I'm a new female member who definitely loves to shoot! So far I've only shot 22s and 32s in pistols but I hope to graduate eventually. Possibly even go deer and bird hunting with my husband, if I can stand it. :cool:

Hay from Wyoming!

Hello everyone. I've been shooting since i was a kid, love guns bought a cheap pistol when i turned 21 and haven't bought a gun till last week. A friend told me about this site. I like all the info on the site and have a butt load of questions about upgrading and making my new Remington 597 VRT better. Any help would be nice. Thanks

FNG checking in

Hello all from CT! I'm new to this forum, but have been around firearms nearly all my life. I've been in law enforcement for 14+ yrs and previously served 9+ yrs in the US Army in Military Intelligence and Special Operations.

I'm planning on getting into some competitive shooting this year...maybe some local/regional IDPA or 3-gun/multi-gun stuff...and figured I'd be able to get a wealth of info and tips from the site.

I'm looking forward to networking with like-minded individuals, learning a bit, and having some fun!

Hi I was actually looking for this introduction thread and posted in an other area. Basically Im a retired Navy/CG gunner (CWO4-WEPS) retired now 6 years and finally getting interested in shooting my AR/50 BMG again. Its taken a long time to get the desire to shoot again after being involved with it day in and out for 30 years. Since I have never reloaded this part ordnance has re-sparked my interest and Im in the final stages of setting up my RCBS 50 BMG Ammo-master which I have had in storage new for 7 years. Cant wait to start reloading my old brass and measuring results at our local 1000 yard range.

The only thing I am stumped on is a reasonable cost long range spotting scope, I cant believe no one has developed a portable remote camera system you could hide behind rage structure a few feet away from the target. I might make my own with cheap B/W camera and a 1000 ft role of cable to a laptop LOL.

Hello Everyone!

Hi, everyone! My brother encouraged me to get on here to get more comfortable with gun laws and regulations, because I got my concealed carry yesterday! My 21st birthday was on Sunday, and he signed me up for the first class he could! He's had his concealed carry for awhile and has been counting the days for me to be able to get mine. :) Which I now have...

However, the lawyer that spoke to us about gun laws made me feel a little unsure about my concealed carry. I got the impression I need to be stuffed in the back of a trunk (when it's too late) before I pull my gun. :/ Anyway, just on here to see other opinions and get all the info I can. I want to be as safe as possible in all aspects.

P.S. I'm a girllly girl!!! So, that means I WILL have a pink gun someday!! So excited!

Hi, I'm an OB-GYN resident in TX. I just joined a few days ago and have been learning a lot from you guys. This is a great forum and I look forward getting to know more about my recently found passion (addiction?)!

Back