New members - please introduce yourselves here

Allow me to introduce myself

I have been a gun owner for over 30 years.

I lost my place to hunt about 3 years ago. Even in NC, gun ranges and good hunting land are hard to find. A public outdoor range closed this year and so I just stopped shooting last spring.

I don't particularly like indoor ranges but I went to one last week, not too far from work, and signed up. Felt good to get a few rounds off. So now I am re energized.

So, here I am thinking about reloading (never done that before) and maybe another handgun. I am comfortable with this type forum and will look around before I ask the same questions asked before. I am a tool and die maker so I am not shy around machines but I don't plan to buy or reload until I understand it fully.

I look forward to hearing what is current what the experts have to say on various subjects.

Hi, all. I like almost anything that puts a projectile downrange....airguns, muzzle-loaders, bows, center-fires.... been into black powder for @ 25 years...just started casting & reloading.... trying to figure the whole business out...

New to TFL

Hello to all - Getting back into shooting after a while being out of the loop. First finding out that finding a barrel to a 1951 Browning A5 12 gauge, 2 3\4 in. chamber capable of using steel shot is not an easy find! Same for my 1947 Ithica Model 37 12 gauge.....how times have changed!

Hello from Eastern NC

i am a paper puncher, CCW holder, shoot just pistols .. have a few .. favorite is G19 and my carry .. just me and my buddy "George the wonder dog" .. we live in a "metal tent" with a motor .. used to travel a lot .. now we have settled here (for now) .. never ask me a question you don't want to hear a truthful answer too! .. too dang old to lie .. too old to fight, too crippled to fight .. sooo guess what choice do i have left? .. :rolleyes:

New shooter

Just started my collection with a shotgun smooth bore and rifled barrel, looking forward to getting a rifle and revolver. Loved the site and information so I joined. Beginning to shoot again, haven't done alot since my dad taught me how to shoot so I am getting back into the flow of things. Going hunting for the first time this year. I suppose that is all related to my shooting experience.

Dynamis13

Been a lurker for a while... signed up over the summer and now im posting a bit.

Have a decent collection... rifles, pistols, shotguns, etc. Enjoy firearms quite a bit. Dunno what else to say.

new gun owner, although ive been shooting for almost 6 years now. located in NC, with a glock. hoping to expand my collection very soon.

Return to cc

New member to this forum. Had permit ~20yrs ago in NOLA...gave up sidearm for chainsaw when I moved to the forest, although still hunted. Now have new parttime career in retirement, reactivated CC because will have much more travel.

Hello, from the interior of Alaska. I Have been a firearms enthusiast since my father introduced them to me at the age of five. Granted it was only a red rider bb gun, but it was love at first shot. By the time I was eight, I graduated to a Marlin lever action 22, and it been snowballing ever since.

I also have a passion for history, reloading, and Carpentry.

John

Hello. I am new to the forum. I am 56 yrs. old have 30 yrs. in law enforcement Ohio. I am interested in ww2 militaria.

Just signed on.

Hi:

I'm a new member and new shooter (rifles) - although I have shot a little in the military, with friends (who own firearms), and airguns.
Spent many years in states that made it difficult to own and use firearms (now in Idaho - great state for shooters).

Right now my wife (also a new shooter) and I are building our skills with a beautiful Marlin 981TS .22LR - and enjoying every minute of it.
Not a soda can for miles that we don't strike fear into.

Looking into something like a Browning Lightweight Stalker or Ruger Mini-14 in about a year (can't decide).

Got a lot to learn but trying to be careful and patient.

Hope to talk to many of you in the future.

-JOHN

Nylon 66

Oldest son has a Nylon 66. He has taken it apart and somehow has lost the safety and I have insisted that he get it fixed before allowing his daughter to fire it. I have a parts list I got off of this site but I am not sure what parts I need because havnt taken it apart yet and also dont nowhere to order parts from. Can someone here give me some guidance. Thanks in advance, mathcarver

[You should post this in the Smithy forum or the Art of the Rifle forum, mathcarver. - Bud Helms]

a Virginia newbie

Hello to all at TFL, I been around guns all my life, I remember when all rifles were larger than me.

my name here is my CB handle. the site wouldnt let me use my normal handlle I use on the computer, so I tried this, my CB handle came from my teenage years of me street racing. both cars & motorcycle, I am suprised I never crashed, people called me "deathrider" so I used it for a CB handle, & been using it every since.

I am from mountains of Virginia

Later,
Randy

New member but not new to hunting and shooting

Hi to all! Just found this forum and I couldn't be happier. The collective knowledge and information on this forum is amazing! I look forward to spending many cold winter evenings in my Northcentral PA home on this forum! Generally speaking, TV stinks!:D

Hi all, I'm James and I'm the new guy.:o
I'm new to shooting and I picked up a couple handguns over the summer. I got a new Ruger Mk III for plinking and a used Glock 19 cuz I couldn't pass it up for $300. Between those two purchases, saftey equiptment and ammo I'm in it for about 1K so far. Having fun and learning along the way.

Hi! New/Old member here, formerly Samuel2001.
Moved a couple of years back and stopped visiting the site. Had to re-up and ended up getting a new handle (Could not remember paswords and had new e-mail addy).

Hope to start postoing again pretty soon!

Back