New members - please introduce yourselves here

Hello, another gun lover joining a forum for the first time:) I've came across this site a couple of time and wanted to join and now I did. Hopefully, I can have the opportunity to interact and discuss about guns to other people here.

Mike from Michigan. Just got back into shooting after 25 years. A lot to learn and doing that every day. So far I bought a Ruger Mark III, Ruger LCR, Glock 19 and Taurus TCP. Can't buy any more or the wife will use one of them on me. I enjoy the forums and learn a lot from them. It helps me keep up with the latest guns, problems and solutions.

Noob

Hello from the Mountains of E. TN. Have been shooting most of my life, now I own all from a .22 Ruger to a .50 cal., and love 'em all...... Some are safe queens, most are not. Looking forward to more expertise than I have. Great to be here.

Michael Ankenbrandt, from Chattanooga TN.

I haven't shot much since my Wisconsin childhood, when I used long rifles (.22s and .257 Roberts). Now that my wife and I have found a good local indoor range (Shooter's Depot), we've started regularly practicing with 9mm pistols. She uses a Ruger SR9C, and I use a Walther P99 AS; we also have a pair of Walther P22s (seem to run fine with Stingers, and we keep them cleaned and lubed). I'm planning to purchase a Glock 34 to attend some of the GSSF events, and we both are taking a Tennessee concealed carry class in the next few weeks.

I've found these forums to be very informative, and I'm looking forward to participating in the community!

Hey everyone. Glad to be a part of the forums and am trying to glean as much info as possible from the wealth of knowledge here! I'm a Firefighter/Medic and avid outdoorsman. I'm going to school part time right now for Wildlife Biology but i'm no tree hugger. I believe strongly in the benefits of hunting and and how important hunting is in controlling the population to maintain a healthy ecosystem. I volunteer for several animal conservation agencies but am also an avid hunter and sportsman! Oxymoron i guess but i believe conservation is all about maintaining a balance and part of that balance is keeping populations healthy. We can't work and work and work to say we want to promote a population growth of animals yet not work to control overgrowth, which can create an even bigger problem. In the past i've owned a Remington .308, Remington 30-06, Savage 30-30, Winchester Super 7mm, S&W .38 sp, Glock .40, etc. I only now have a Remington express super mag 870, Ruger sp101 357 mag, and an old Marlin 22lr. Looking to get a new Remmy semi-auto .308 and an H&H .375 very soon. Glad to be a part of things guys!

Last edited:
New

Hello folks. Name is Ted and I from Ohio. Worked for General Electric for 42 years and retired in 01. Every day is now Saturday and WORK is a four letter word! Married to my wife for 51 years and have two grown sons and one grandson. Like to fish, bowhunt, and shoot. Don't do to much of any now days. Arthritis has me kind of held down.

Greetings

Ron from St. Louis MO. I own a Remington 700 .30-06, Remington police shotgun, and a Springfield Armory .45 XD. I have been into guns for about a year. Like target shooting at my club bencrest http://www.shootingstl.com/

I am into target shooting. Not much of a hunter. I like the home defence as well as sniper shooting aspect.

Any advice is welcomed.

Ron

Last edited:
Very new and need help finding where to post my questions?

i have some questions about saiga and ammo size so i was wondering where to ask the questions?

[A Saiga rifle question would be appropriate in The Art of the Rifle forum. A Saiga shotgun question would be appropriate in the Shotguns forum. Ammo questions specific to a rifle or shotgun are appropriate in the respective rifle or shotgun forum. General questions about ammo are appropriate in the General Discussion forum. - Bud Helms]

hey from Jacksonville, NC

Name's Tony. I'm currently stationed in NC but am moving back to Cincinnati, OH Dec 14th. I'm a machine gunner in the Corps(not for too much longer) and then am going to school for business with my GI bill when I get out. Looking in to getting my FFL and hopefully starting up a gun shop. I'm an NRA member and when I get a little more cash plan on joining the USCCA as well. Look forward to getting to know some of you and talking about guns.

I'm a new member and need some advise on how to find a replacment ejector for my twenty year old Interarms Walther PPK 380 pistol. I have tried Smith & Wesson and NUMRICH gun parts with no luck. Any suggestions?

[Try the Gunsmith forum. - Bud]

Hello everyone !!

Hello from Southern California !!! I surfed my way into your forum and decided to stay. :D Looks like you guys have a nice thing going here. Looking to make some new friends across the country.
BJ-1.png

hello,
been lurking for a long time here ,great site.
don't let the name fool ya ..it's not a state of mind.
I'm into drag racing,old coins,loud music..and the second amendment.

Matt.

Hi TFL

This is a great forum, with a wide range of topics! I look forward to learning a lot.

Right now I have a 20 ga Mossberg 500, Taurus PT92, and Walther PPK .32

Thanks,
Ken

Another new guy, this one is from Maryland. Raised around guns and knives so I am pretty familiar with most aspects. My uncles got me hooked when I was around 7 or so with their old .22 bolt actions and semi-autos. Then went into handguns from 9mm to .357mag. Now i'm in my twenties and have a few firearms of my own (Beretta 92, couple of military surplus rifles) and looking to get more. I've been looking around the forum for a bit and I like the info i'm seeing.

See you around.

Newby

Hi TFL,
I am new to the site.I have questions on a rifle I have.I have pic's as well..I am hoping you all could help me,Just as soon as I figure out where...lol

New guy here.

Hey all at TFL! My name's Dan, and I'm from Fayetteville, AR and am attending the University of Arkansas for Mechanical Engineering. I'm more of a car and electronics guy than I am a gun guy, but the guns are growing on me.

This post is a bit overdue.

Hello all! I am the entity known as Dolsak!

I'm new to the world of firearms and marksmanship, and relatively new to The World in general! (Late teens)

I'm going to ask a LOT of questions, and some of them may seem stupid at times, but I thank y'all in advance for any responses you give.

I'm looking forward to enjoying the TFL community. :D

Hello everyone. I'm enjoying the knowledge and helpfulness of this site. I've just recently gotten interested in firearms. My dad was a gun nut while growing up in NJ but I never really cared for it. Since his passing a couple of years ago I've recently been infatuated with gun ownership. Living in Virginia I have taken advantage of their gun friendly laws and got my ccw permit and have been on a buying frenzy as of late. I've picked up a few nice rifles, shotgun, and handgun. I'm always looking forward to my next purchase much to my wifes chagrin. After years of playing around with owning fancy 18 wheelers I have now found a more enjoyable hobby. Looking forward to learning a lot more about all firearms.

Can't even remember if I've posted an intro or not! Gun enthusiast from west central Florida. Just returning to shooting from a long absence. Currently I have a Taurus 24/7 pro .40, a 24/7 pro c ds in 9mm (pink frame, for my wife), and an HK USPc .45...Next on the agenda are a couple good shotguns for sporting clays for my wife and I...Enjoy the forum, plenty of good info!

Back