New members - please introduce yourselves here

Greetings from North Cackalacky

New to the forum and like what I see so far! Im an active Law Enforcement Officer and have been creating pocket holsters on the side for a while now. Recently expanded to the web and look forward to hearing any and all suggestions, comments or requests.

Check us out at http://www.bullcityleather.com (Mention The Firing Line and receive $5.00 Off your purchase)

Mr. Wild

Evenin' Gents.
My name is Bill.
Of course with the first name of Bill everyone calls me wild bill.
A guy I work with has taken to calling me just Mr. Wild and I thought it was funny, hence the user name.

I live in a very small town in Illinois.
2 years ago I got back into casting and reloading after a 20 year absense.
I now have the time to dedicate to my hobby, and an expensive one it has become.:D

Been married for 40 years to a very understanding woman.
But don't tell her I said that, I don't want to spoil her.

I cast and reload for a Glock 40 cal and a 45 Blackhawk.
Hopefully I intend to add a US Firearms rodeo soon.

I drive a concrete mixer truck for a living.
My wife is a LPN

Looking for polite discussion

I am a shooter who is tired of the hatred and vitriol both gun-lovers and gun-haters direct at one another and looking for some civil discussion. I've posted an Author Query in General Discussion and hope you'll take a look.

Hi Folks: I am new here. I am on the 1911 Forum. Been shooting for about 50yrs.. Main intrest is SD and concealed carry. Have competed some, middle of the road. Handload on a single stage press,works for me. Live in Southern Ory-gun. Looking forward to the discussion. Have a few 1911s, and a few revolvers, one Glock17, and a Sig P226in 9mm. Looks like a great bunch of knowlegable people here, and I'm sure to learn a lot. Thanks Much, Lyle

Hey TFL, new guy here. I am prior military, and have been shooting since I was a little kid (still pretty young). Currently I only have two weapons, a Remington 511p and a Bersa Thunder .380 ACP. I am currently in the market for a new deer rifle, leaning towards the Savage .270. I would also very much like to buy a 1911 in the near future.

Looking forward to chatting with you all :)

Hello from Central Pa.

I use the name "41 Magnum' on several forums. I am a retired Steelworker, with 40 years service. (disability retirement, 10 years ago) :DI love the shooting sports, & enjoy shooting as much as I can afford to since I retired. I love the Pa. woods & hunting, & fishing season. :DI am a shooter & reloader for well over 50 years now. I have a small wood shop where I spend a lot of my time. I make pistol & revolver grip panels, mostly for Ruger handguns, but I do make a few 1911's & others from time to time. I have a Lovely & Wonderful Wife, of 47 years now, & we've had 4 children, two of which have gone to be with our Lord:( My Son Warren died at 3 months of age in 1964, & our Daughter Dana went home to be with the Lord at 34 years of age in 2006.)
I have 6 Grand children, & 2 Great Grandchildren.( Actually, they're all pretty Great!!) I guess that pretty much sums it up !!

Hello guys and gals. I am new to the forum and wanted to say hi. I just recieved my conceal permit and purchased a p95dc. I have put about a hundred rounds through her and loved it. I am looking forward to chatting with you all.

Howdy, i'm Melium from down in Florida. My hobbies include rifle and pistol shooting, welding, and mudding. I just turned 21 and i'm soon applying for my CCW. I own a Mosin Nagant M44, all original. My cousin refurbished it for me for my birthday, stripped the barrel, bolt, and stock. (Cringe) and reblued the barrel and reciever as well as remilled the bolt and had the barrel regrooved. I also own a bolt action Marlin 780 .22LR unmodified and a Mossberg .270 100ATR, scoped.

hello everyone

Hello everyone I'm darrin from southeast ga I've had my concealed carry permit for years I'm married with 4great kids I carry a springfield xdm3.8 9mm also a taurus ultra light .38 as back up (when the wife doesn't have it) love the site feel free to message me any time

Hello from Central Florida

I'm female and was raised around guns, being taught that all guns are loaded and never point gun at anything/anyone you do not wish destroyed...I've attend Ladies' Day at a local gun club every year for past 4 years, encouraging co-workers/spouses to attend as well (I work with mostly guys so I just print the flyer and ask they give to their wives), concealed weapons license in 2008. I have a few female friends that were a tad anti-gun and ignorant...now they go to Ladies' day with me. Still gently encouraging a couple hold outs, ESPECIALLY if they have any firearms in their home. (IE their hubby's, etc) I'm fine with them not enjoying shooting as much as I do, I am NOT fine with them being ignorant safety-wise regarding handguns/firearms in their homes.

My first personally owned handgun was purchased this past July 4th. (Walther PPK) since have acquired Ruger Single Six .22, Ruger Mark II .22, Glock 19 9mm, S&W SW9VE 9mm..it's nice having a dad and brother that are thrilled that I like to shoot with them. :-)

Just joined

Hi folks. Shooting is a new hobby I started last year for the months that are too cold to scuba dive. I picked up a few used shotguns to use for trap shooting and a pistol for indoor shooting for winter.

hey!

Can't learn enough about the shooting sports, so I try to read as much as possible.

Experiance is the best teacher, and others that enjoy the sport, hobby are the best source of information!

Glad to meet y'all

dagger dog

Hi TFL (guys and gals),
I'm from South Africa, occupied with firearm related matters, as locally registered (and accredited) trainer, instructor & assessor of/in the firearm fields (basic to advance, tactical, practical, sport and hunting). And a proud SAPSA and IPSC Member.
Not to say that we are behind on current matter in the USA (perhaps just a wee bit), but I have learned a lot from monitoring your posts and advise on issues.
Great & Professional Forum and glad to be a member now!

new guy

I've been lurking here for the past couple weeks, figured I'd join.
I've been a correctional officer for the last five years,hoping to move up from there. Just at the point now where I will receive approval to carry on and off duty. So I'm soaking up as much info as possible.

Well, I ve been on the forum for a bit, so I figure I'd would be right to introduce myself.

Real name is Don, Jo6pak is a moniker I picked up a while ago, and seems to stick with me for reasons unknown.

I've been hunting and shooting since my teens, and now mostly shoot informal "run and gun" courses that we set up on a buddies farm. No serious tactical intent, jsut something to keep things interesting and not just punch paper.

My small collection of about 15 guns spans everything from blackpowder rifle(Traditions Pioneer) and cap n ball revolver (Pietta 1860) thru a few vintage military rifles (M1 Garand, swede, and German Mausers) up to modern black guns (DR200)

Always looking to learn new stuff, and maybe even help others with answers and discussion

Hi....I've owned and shot a lot of rifles and pistols over 40-some years, kind of got away from it and discovered Appleseed last year.

So I'll be looking for info on rimfire and centerfire rifles, and probably posting Appleseed info for Kansas......oh yeah, almost forgot...one of my goals in the next year or so is to qualify "Expert" (Rifleman, we call it) on the AQT with my M44....getting close, just need a LITTLE more practice!

Hi,
I've been surfing gun and the Firing Line forums for a while after a relative pointed me to here and others. Thank you to all who served this great country.

TXAZ

My apologies, folks

My name is Cleveland Jackson, retired Staff Sergeant, USMC. I became a member here without an introduction. Sorry fellas, I forgot my manners.

Back