New members - please introduce yourselves here

Compliments,

I should introduce myself at least after posting a question in your discussion group beforehand. Golly, I'm from The proud State of Michigan. From the S.E. part, no not Detroit. Have spent the last 20 yrs. in the U.P. where firearms are not just a hobby but for many still a way to sustain themselves. 56 yrs old.
Although I have been acquainted with fire arms since the age of 9 (ROTC) training and own such from Armalite to Weatherby's I am here to learn more.
I hope to input as much as I learn.
Oh, I am something of a Civil War (War of the Rebellion), buff, this is of great interest as I had people on both sides.

Hello, all I am new to these forums and I currently live in Texas. I would like to know more about laws and firearms. I enjoy hunting, shooting for sport and believe firmly in my rights of self defense.

MP40?

Hi, my name is Mike, I am from ky, I am a collector of items from WWII. I have searched everywhere for a semi-auto MP40 but have not found one for less than a small fortune, I was wondering if one could be made to fire a 9mm semi-auto from an all metal replica using parts or if another gun could be integrated all together, I have no interest in the way the gun looks on the inside or when field stripped, I am only interested in the look of the real dealwhen in use, not so much the function. Thanks

A reminder to new members posting in this New Members Introduction thread: It is for introductions only. This is not a discussion thread. Go to the forum that covers your subject for discussion and questions.

Welcome to The Firing Line.

Newbee

Hello all,

I just submitted my paperwork to purchase my first handgun at the Jackson, NJ PD. I have a few questions:

1. Should I take a training course before I make my first purchase?
2. I'm looking at the S&W M&P Compact 9mm as a first purchase. What do you think?
3. Should I purchase online or go to a gun shop?
4. If a shop, which store do you recommend? If online???
5. What kind of bullets should I purchase for this gun?

Sorry for the stupid questions, but I've been reading the threads on this site and you guys sound like you know what time it is.

Also, any other suggestion that you may have for me would be greatly appreciated. Should I join the NRA, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Hey all, I am from rural Iowa and am going to be graduating college here in May. I have grown up hunting and loving guns. I have numerous shotguns and rifles but I am new to the handgunning world. I just have a couple old .22 handguns that my grandpa gave me, but I am looking to get a few more.

Hello out there!

Been reading on this forum for about a year and have just now finally decided to actually join. So I'm not new to reading but AM new to posting. :cool:

Hello

Hello all,

I'm new here and I had a question about HK91. The question I have is I'm look at buying one and what to know how to make sure it is a real HK91 not a clone? I'm just not familiar with HK, but I do know there are a lot of clones out there.

thanks

Hi
I'm a French amator (not for long I hope) filmmaker who loves western movies. Hence my interest for old school firearms and my Denix repliquas collection!

New Member to TFL

Hey Everyone,

Just joined, I`m from florida,and been shooting and carrying for sometime,I was wondering about reloading if anybody has any info,with the prices going threw the roof,is it hard to get started? I see all the presses you can get etc:Hornady,Lee is it a little cheaper or about the same with buying the supplies.

Thank you

Name is Matt... Not necessarily new to guns, just new to owning ones of my own. .40 xd-subcompact and a s&w 1911sc... 25 and willing to learn. Thanks for your time and a great site.

I kinda like it here, think I'll stay for a while. I'm from Illinois, south of the city. I've recently became an XD junkie, I own an XDm 4.5" .40cal, the original, and XD 9mm subcompact. Love 'em both, used to own a couple Tauri, but sold 'em. I signed up here a while ago and searched here for answers a few times, but haven't posted much. I was a member of another forum but it got a little weird around there, at least for me...glad to be here so far.

Back