McCain Selects Alaska Gov. Palin as Running Mate

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ i agree. McCain's choice will put Obama on the defensive big time. esp. with his friend Ayers hovering over him and all.

Right when she was running in beauty contests he was working in public policy writing for law journals.

I am not an Obama fan but the blinders to the reality of this choice here is stunning.

Sarah Louise Heath Palin (IPA: /peɪlɪn/) (born February 11, 1964) is the current Governor of Alaska, and the presumptive 2008 Republican candidate for Vice President of the United States.[1] She will be the first female Vice Presidential candidate representing the Republican Party and the second female Vice Presidential candidate representing a major political party. She will be the first politician from Alaska to be nominated for Vice President.

Palin was born in Idaho and raised in Alaska. In 1984, she was the runner-up in the Miss Alaska pageant, receiving a scholarship that allowed her to attend the University of Idaho, where she received a degree in journalism. After working as a sports reporter at an Anchorage television station, Palin served two terms on the Wasilla, Alaska, City Council from 1992 to 1996, was elected mayor of Wasilla (population 5,470 in 2000) in 1996, and ran unsuccessfully for Lieutenant Governor in 2002. She was elected Governor of Alaska in 2006 by first defeating incumbent governor Frank Murkowski in the Republican primary, then former Democratic Alaskan governor Tony Knowles in the general election. She gained attention for publicizing ethical violations by state Republican Party leaders.[2]

JSM has just beat BHO at his own game.If Palin can step up to the plate and do well in the debate with JRB the Dems will have once again snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

I'll tell you something, I went from "yeah, I'll vote for McCain...*sigh*" to "Heck yeah I'm voting for McCain!" McCain has his problems, but they finally got someone on the frickin' ticket that is IMHO a true conservative.

Ironically, Palin will probably get hammered because she is attractive and the media will focus on the idea that she is the "token woman" for the republicans to appeal to the HIllary voters. Nevermind the fact that she is highly conservative and brings major conservative "street cred" to the republican ticket (and maybe that is why she was chosen).

Funny how hypogricital the media and most of the left is...Let's champion a cause as long as we like who benefits from the cause...i.e.,we only like women in power if they are our kind of women (or minorities, or whatever)

Yay!

I just rolled out of bed, saw Mc standing next to Palin on tv, and almost had to slap myself to make sure I was awake.

Outstanding.

McCain just made a huge mistake, in my opinion.

He is clearly pandering to the "she's a hot chick who likes guns" demographic, as evidenced by the very first post in this tread, and many other posts just like it. :barf:

SugarmillMan said:
Sarah Palin is a LIFE MEMBER of the NRA. And she's a whole lot better lookin' than Joe Biden!

I also feel that this choice is a knee-jerk reaction to one of the biggest criticisms of McCain during the DNC - that he is "old-school" with regards to his views on women. Oh crap - the dems have made some inroads - I best pick a woman!

As far as her political experience goes, I give Gov Palin a lot of respect for standing up to the Alaska republican cronies and winning the election for Governor. However, two years of being a minor-state (no offense) governor is in no way shape or form "more experience" than being a 4 year Senator from a major state. I would call this more of a draw, or even a slight edge to Obama.

Yes, Palin previously was the mayor of a small town (pop 5500), but there are student body presidents in this country that preside over more people than that. I hardly think we can count that as "executive experience" if we are being honest with ourselves.

I think McCain just blew it. Biden will eat Palin alive in the VP debates.

Sorry to be a downer, but those are my thoughts.

Did anyone else notice that HUGE American Flag pin that she was wearing during her acceptance speech today?

So much for none of the candidates showing their patriotism during this election.

Sarah's oldest son is currently serving in the US Army, and will be deploying to Iraq in two weeks. I seriously doubt that she will be taking that pin off anytime soon!!

sarah_palin.jpg

God, this is truly as happy over a turn of political events as I have been in a long time. Sarah Palin is a 100% perfect choice. She is a pro-gun conservative, has a good record, and is vastly more experienced than Obama.

Obama's 148 days in service pales in comparison to Palin's Mayoral and Gubernatorial duties.

McCain finally shows his craftiness. My God, a SMOKING HOT, pro-gun, conservative WOMAN! I'd almost consider the election a lock, but I don't want to jinx it.

Women in America wanted a role model. They couldn't have gotten a better one. This is one strong, savvy woman. I can't possibly see Hillary's lost votes not going to the Obama ticket now. Its the whole package.

If people vote for Obama now, they show their complete lack of good judgment, and support the suspicion that they vote on race.

Not to jinx McCain, but people need to realize that Palin would be much more qualified to lead than Obama if something happened to McCain, God forbid.

:D:D:D

And make no mistake, this is NOT McCain's last bombshell if necessary.

I see many Dems actually voting Republican for the first time. It makes me smile.

Palin Brilliant Choice

I was hoping McCain would make a reasonable logical choice, but I was pleasantly surprised that he made a brilliant choice. Hard to imagine how he could have made a better choice.

As a Republican, I now think we have the right team in place to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back