McCain Selects Alaska Gov. Palin as Running Mate

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, a note to those that might be unaware: caps-lock is not cruise control for awesome. Turn that crap off. Actually, I don't care, but the second I see anything more than about three words in a row in caps I just skip your post, or at least that portion of your post.

Nothing good ever happens in all caps.

Show me where Barack Obama is going to take away your shotgun or your handgun? Show me how he's going to accomplish that. I'm a gun owner and I don't feel threatened by Barack Obama.

You're making the assumption that all I own is a shotgun or handgun. And what about the high capacity magazines for my handgun? Or my "high capacity" shotgun? Or my semi-automatic shotgun?

EDIT: And that's before you get into concealed carry permits, which a lot of people here are going to care about and which Obama has spoken out against.

You're making the assumption that all I own is a shotgun or handgun. And what about the high capacity magazines for my handgun? Or my "high capacity" shotgun? Or my semi-automatic shotgun?

I wasn't making an assumption, more like throwing a catchall gun group together. It's a sticking point for me too, but one that won't seal the deal against Obama for this voter.

Yep, we're squirming to expose the broad then throw her in the gutter.

Thus the true face of the Democrat party is revealed. If John McCain picked an African-American running mate, it's no telling what they would have called him or her.

Yep, we're squirming to expose the broad then throw her in the gutter.

That's going to help your case a lot. So, McCain's choice was truly brilliant....thought so.:)

You know what, I never quote myself, but this is worth repeating.

aah, the Dem's are really squirming on Palin as VP.

Maxb49... I'm not a moderator, but when you start referring to fellow posters as "dolts" it's time you sign off and simply read others' comments if you've nothing better to do all day.

Maxb49

Name calling now...Yep you are a dem...I am not going to call you any names...Says a lot about the party you associate with...more of the same...you are a FLAMING LIBERAL and you are one of the people that scares me.

I am not for helping the rich get richer but if you really believe that Obama is going to benefit YOU finacially you must be kidding yourself. Frankly neither party represents me but the Republicans come a lot closer than the dems. I grew up in a working class neighborhood with working class parents who have been lifelong dems. The problem is the dems of today and their agenda is not what it was back in the 70s when I grew up.

If you are a flaming liberal and you want all of the social programs then why don't you just give all those people everything YOU have and not take it from those that have spent a lifetime of earning it? It amazes my how the liberals think it is ok to take money away from those who have worked their tails off to earn it and give it to those who will not get of their tails to get a job. You must be one of those.

MC Cain on Guns

* I know how to use guns; but I don't own one. (Nov 2007)Hrmf
* Prosecute criminals, not citizens for gun ownership. (Sep 2007)
* Don't hold gun manufacturers liable for crimes. (Sep 2007)
* Opposes restrictions on assault weapons and ammunition types. (Sep 2007)
* Calls for GOP "tolerance" of closing gun show loopholes. (May 2002):barf:
* Ban cheap guns; require safety locks; for gun show checks. (Aug 1999):barf:
* Supports ban on certain assault weapons. (Aug 1999):barf:
* Voted against Brady Bill & assault weapon ban. (Aug 1999)
* Guns are a problem, but so are violent web sites & videos. (Aug 1999):barf:
* Punish criminals who abuse 2nd Amendment rights. (May 1999)
* Youth Violence Prevention Act restricts guns for kids. (May 1999)
* Repeal existing gun restrictions; penalize criminal use. (Jul 1998)
* Voted YES on prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers. (Jul 2005)
* Voted YES on banning lawsuits against gun manufacturers for gun violence. (Mar 2004)
* Voted NO on background checks at gun shows. (May 1999)
* Voted YES on more penalties for gun & drug violations. (May 1999)
* Voted YES on loosening license & background checks at gun shows. (May 1999)
* Voted YES on maintaining current law: guns sold without trigger locks. (Jul 1998)
* Ban gun registration & trigger lock law in Washington DC. (Mar 2007):D
* Allow firearms in National Parks. (Feb 2008) :D

S832

Based on your other posts on the site if you said anything else I think all would have been shocked into 2-3 days of utter silence.

VP: Sarah Palin

AWESOME: Did you hear her speech today? She is the cat's meow if you ask me and got my vote! Life long member of the NRA? That's it for me, as compare to Joe Biden........

Obama on Guns
* Ok for states & cities to determine local gun laws. (Apr 2008)
* FactCheck: Yes, Obama endorsed Illinois handgun ban. (Apr 2008)
* Respect 2nd Amendment, but local gun bans ok. (Feb 2008)
* Provide some common-sense enforcement on gun licensing. (Jan 2008)
* 2000: cosponsored bill to limit purchases to 1 gun per month. (Oct 2007)
* Concealed carry OK for retired police officers. (Aug 2007) Not for you
* Stop unscrupulous gun dealers dumping guns in cities. (Jul 2007)
* Keep guns out of inner cities--but also problem of morality. (Oct 2006)
* Bush erred in failing to renew assault weapons ban. (Oct 2004)
* Ban semi-automatics, and more possession restrictions. (Jul 1998)
* Voted NO on prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers. (Jul 2005)
:barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back