LIVE from the Stand!

It's amazing what you can do when you limit access and manage intensely.

Indeed, but it's a tough job when you control 11.8 acres. ;)

I tried to be "LIVE from the stand!" tonight but had no signal. I was at my dads camp again. I had a very large doe almost give me a shot. They're kinda smart, them old girls, ever notice? :)

Very true. Im managing 719 acres. No high fence, We have an agreement with our neighbors that we will all do the same things management wise.

My wife and a buck we have been after for a while now.
IMAG0371.jpg

This buck has eluded us for some time now. One of are neighbors has taken 3 different shots on this buck. He was one lucky feller until my wife and her 257 Roberts got ahold of him haha.

Live

Vt gun opener. Saw one deer so far unsure of sex. Been here sence 0503 it's 0930 now send good vibes my way and good luck to all!

Anyone ever shoot a squrill with a 270? I'm seriously considering it

12ga slug once, never a 270. :)

Ok... I'm LIVE from the stand again! Jumped a big doe on the way in. Just had a whole flock of turkeys not 10 yards away. Saw them going away from me at about 100 yards. Just for fun I looked up some turkeys sounds on google and played a couple. The whole flock came over! Mostly toms/jakes. I didn't see a single one without a beard, though there probably are a few in there.
c6e4c325-bb3f-b661.jpg

Anyway, here I am!

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&q=42.502328,-76.458385

Looking for doe only, a real rarity for me! :)

Last edited:
I'm thinking my map link doesn't show my exact location?

There are some fields to the north, I am 150-ish yards east of the northern most field, roughly centered n/s.

The golden hour begins!

I'm back in the stand. If I knew how to upload my location I would. I feel I got here to early but the hunters almanac shows today to be a good day. Will update shortly

live from the couch by the fire after being in the stand

Saw 3 deer 1I think was a buck couldnt see head 2 were doe. Driving home had two doe cross the road so that makes 5 total. If vermont had rifle doe tags my freezer would need a brother. Tommorrow is another day. Congrats to those who were successful and good luck to those going out tomorrow.

So, I had a small doe bed down just 40 yards from me, right in the open woods. First time I've seen that. She was on the other side of a swampy area and never got closer. I saw a buck out in one of the fields chasing does around. Wouldn't have known what they were doing except my uncle was much closer to them than I.

I'll be LIVE from the stand again tomorrow PM.

Well had some decent luck tonight. Tried the rattle bag tonight with good results. First buck to come in was a smallish 10 point. While he was grazing on wheat i had another buck come in. He was a 140ish class 12. Was going to take a shot on him as he walked closer to my comfort zone. I spotted a good sized 8 point come in. And you all know how i dislike 8 points. So he got a healthy dose of 257 Weatheby mag. 188 Yards, Shoulder shot and ran maybe 15 yards before he hit the dirt.

DSCF2005.jpg

Not hunting the early morning today, but will go out in a bit.

I stopped counting at 18 I saw yesterday, and at least 6 of them presented me with perfect broadside shots. I've already taken a doe during the early muzzle loader season so I'm going to try for a buck until maybe the last few days of the season where I might take another doe for canning meat over the winter.

Saw three deer with antlers: a spike, a big six point and one I couldn't count but that didn't look giant. I could have hit the spike with a slingshot and the six was in hot pursuit of a disinterested doe so he was kind of oblivious to his surroundings.

Live from the blind

Got the lady out with me. Watching a field and bedding where I saw deer yesterday. Left a snack in the field hopefully Bobby the buck comes to say hello.

Cool! I'm going to get my wife to go again sometime. She went a few years ago, once. It was cold and rainy and she was very wiggly. Now I have a blind so she can wiggle all she wants. :)

Shoot something!

I'm back, LIVE in the same tree from which I posted the picture of the spike a couple weeks back.

I figured out a better way to show where I am.... Screen Shot!

c6e4c06c-25c9-7253.jpg

we saw nadda

Saw nothing but a game warden. He was a bit gruff but obviously no tickets etc. The work week starts however i might be live from my back yard a few times this week.

This is killing me. Monday was my return to work day. My week if vacation was over. Now I'm biting at the bits to get back in the blinds. I have one doe and one buck tag let. Come on weekend.

Back