LIVE from the Stand!

I'm back on the stand again... Dads camp, cell signal is cooperating at the moment. :) You never know though, it goes from no signal to 3G to edge and back again for no reason... Can't get a picture uploaded though. :(

Update from last night: Because it was so warm this morning, my uncle went to look for his deer before I got out of church. Unfortunately, it apparently rained last night and he was not able to find any sign. :( Now, somebody tell me that's why they quit gun hunting because too many deer get wounded, like someone did when I wounded the buck with the bow. :rolleyes: Sometimes feces happens. This particular uncle is a very good shooter but sometimes it just doesn't work out. :(

Last edited:
Good luck peetz. I'm back in my newiest blind. 4x4 box blind over looking a 11acr wheat field pulled in to find a spike and 44 turkeys. But I'm now settled in and ready to go.

Cool! Hope you get one!

I had no luck at all. Didn't even see a deer. My dad's scope broke on his shotgun after like 30 years of faithful service. He had to go to bass pro and get a new one so he didn't even get to hunt today. Oh well better luck next time. :(

Did So So.

IMAG0379.jpg

IMAG0377.jpg

No signal where I was on stand today, outside Cincinnatus, NY. Spooked a deer out of a field hiking in ... and didn't see anything at all until the end of the day when I took a nice-sized antlerless in that same field. Given its size, I assumed it was a doe, but it turned out to be a button buck--pretty good body mass given the nubs on its head.

Plan to be back out at the same farm tomorrow, but hunt the other end of the property. I hear tell there are a couple of six-points or better in the area.

Good luck!

I hunted this morning with no signal again. No one in our group saw a deer until the last of us were leaving. Across the valley, probably 1000 yards, were 7 doe.

Well, we didn't see anything. Gonna go again tomorrow, hopefully it will be better. Its getting colder. That will at least make it feel like deer season anyway!

Somebody tell me how to link Google Earth to the post!!!

I'm not smart enough to do it!!!!!

And obviously.......sense I posted the same message TWICE.......I may be so challenged as to be hopeless.........

You need a phone with GPS and either a mapping App or a web browser.

Go to maps.google.com and you can find your hunting grounds even if you can't drop a dot where you actually sit. :)

Look at the map while your hunting buddy shakes a tree then you will know where you are at.;) Jk

I am so gonna try to get out this evening, since tapatalk ain't free any pics will have to come from a laptop.

Finally got a small doe (100lbs or so) this morning. Been a tough season so far, this is the first deer I've seen in the woods since the 19th. One more week to fill the buck tag then muzzleloader, although to be honest I'm pretty burnt out right now.

Stu

Back