LIVE! From the Stand, Season 3!!!

In my blind for the first time this year, still very dark, but we had a nice quite walk in. I can hear movement but I don't know from what.

1/2 hr to sunrise!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 36
So far nothing but squirrels. Had one almost end up in my lap just a couple minutes ago. Hopefully I'll see something soon
Stu

Checking in from southside Virginia . The daughter and I haven't seen a shooter yet this morning but it's early yet........... LOUD

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-11-16-08-31-20.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-11-16-08-31-20.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 31
We'll an unproductive morning. Had 3 kids go by dragging a smallish doe but I didn't see anything. Hopefully this afternoon goes a little better. Moved about 3/4 the way up the hill for the afternoon hunt. Here's the view.
py9yruza.jpg

We didn't see anything today; but several people around scores deer. One kid, probably 16-17 shot what looked like a four point, we spotted a guy who nailed two doe in succession!
We found a new spot well be hunting tommorrow.

Couldn't do LIVE! today because of poor reception.

Disappointing day but better than bow. I had something at about 30 yards before daybreak and then had a split second opportunity at a nice buck. Ended with nada.

Rest of group saw a few, one guy shot a small doe right at last light.

Beats being skunked.

New spot closer to the river and just west of a large cornfield which still had abundant corn. Feeling hopeful today will be better than yesterday!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 30
Whole lot of nothing for me yesterday. Spent the day surrounded by squirrels and chipmunks. Had 2 doe run past me, behind me, at Mach 3.

Sitting at the cabin watching the woods through the sliding glass door today. No wet weather gear means I can't sit outside.

Well, I'm soaked to the bone; haven't seen anything but a small doe about 400 yards out (I only have a buck license), as I seem to have completely lost my huntin partner. As wet as I am, it's a testament to te durability of the iPhone I'm typing this on BTW. Besides not seeing anything again I may as well have swam through the river...

EDIT:

I'm glad we decided to leave the woods so early, it is now a full on thunderstorm out there!

Last edited:
Same here I got soaked this morning and gave up around 10am. Going to sleep in tomorrow and take a walk around some new property late morning, we'll see how that goes. Not hoping for much wind is supposed to be gusting up to 40MPH tomorrow.

Stu

Well the weatherman lied. No 40mph gusts, should have gotten up this morning. Oh well new day new spot surrounded by stone walls, hardwoods and a grassy area so maybe this is it. Awful warm today though.
6u6a6e5y.jpg

Stu

Here I am, back at the corner of the field by my uncle's house. Supposedly they're headed to cut the corn right now. I don't see a combine yet though. 2 hours to dark.

ade7y2y7.jpg

New day, new spot. Hunting an area I've only squirrel hunted before weather is good calm and cold so I've got a good feeling about today.
5uda6e7y.jpg

No joy this morning. Back out for an afternoon hunt in my other stand. Weather is still cooperating so we'll see. Getting tired of not seeing deer

Stu

Alrighty... the theory of our whole season rides on this afternoon. I'm in the same spot as a couple posts ago but today they ARE cutting the corn. We've got hunters all over the place. If they're not in there, they're extinct... Or something.

Back