Is ammo more available in your area/ prices stabilized or dropping?

North Texas update: More ammo on many shelves, still slim as far as choices, prices dropping.
It's been nice to have an ammo backlog in the safe :D

Re;Primers, CCI's website lists them for $6.99/100, and advises you to check your local dealer.

One of my LGS charged me .70/100; another LGS 40 miles away charges .89/100 and limits purchase to 200. But it is impossible to find a brick for sale.

Cabelas had a few bricks of primers on Friday for $65 per 1,000

7.62 Ball $23 box 20
5.56 $14 box of 20
9mm $26.99 a box
Tons of 224 Valkyrie

Rural King on SAT

Green tins 800 rds of 5.56 $650 range

FnuyduXl.jpg

RURAL KING AMMO Glasgow, KY

I am thinking we are screwed on primers. I am thinking 6.99 seems like the new normal.
I guess if powder and projectiles come back to near 2019 prices that is only 3 bucks per 100 cost increase. Chalk it up as inflation.

Local Buchheit . . . .

I gotta figure out how to place a photo right into the post.

Anyway see below . . . .

Life is good.
Prof Young

Attachments

• ammo 1.jpg
    ammo 1.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 47
  • ammo2.jpg
    ammo2.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 43
This will be "in my area" when it arrives on the porch this week:

1,000 rds. of modern 7.62x39, total price (yes-with shipping 'etc') $300, from "AKstuff".

Roger, prices therefore are gradually dropping.
The lowering of prices by various distributors online will continue to put pressure on prices in retail stores such as Academy. I have boycotted Dicks for about two years- no idea about prices or avail. with such appeasers.

None of such "retail" ammo is exactly "local", having been shipped a long distance. :)

Last edited:
Nope, no 9mm, no 380,no 22.cal. What is odd is they have a good selection of shotgun ammo. Even a lot of 20ga and good selection of 410 all at reasonable prices. Any center fire ammo you do find will be insane prices.
And this is SUMMER when prices, availability and ranges are at the lowest. The line on the Graph will go back up come fall.
I am stocking up on all the shotgun ammo I can afford. Just like I did with 9mm and 380 and then stocked up on more rimfire. Timing in ammo purchase's is critical.

Last edited:
Visited the Lawton Academy store this morning. Thousands and thousands of .223/5.56mm. Monarch brass case 5.56mm was $12.50 per box of 20. There was a plentiful supply of 7.62X39 on the shelf.

i need some Federal .380 Critical Defense ammo. They had it on hand but i ain't paying $29 for 25 rounds.

I am seeing good supplies, but still at higher than "reasonable" prices. Most is marked up 50 to 100% over what is was in March of 2020. We know the manufacturers have indicated a 10 to 15 percent increase, so still a bit high. Powder sporadically available, primers still double or more and not many to be seen. Starting to see large lots of common calibers on Gunbroker not sell when they are maybe 50% high.

I was able to order in 15 cases of 12g for right at $100/case shipped. That is about 20% high, but need it for a major match I am running. 100 packs at WalMart are available and at lower prices, but they only want you to buy 1 100 pack at a time. I did not have time to go to Walmart 150 times. :)

I was in Lawton Academy, yesterday afternoon. Most ammo I have seen on their shelves, in over a year. Prices were not normal, but supplies will help pricing, eventually.

No problem with availability at my primary LGS but prices are high, and they are not gouging - manufacturers prices have increased to suit.

Anyone seeing primers?

I happened to be driving by Bill Jackson's in FL and stopped in and got 500 LPP and 500 SPP Magnum, which was all they had. I didn't even check to see if they had any ammo and was only looking for primers. Price was about $85 total out the door. This should hold me through the fall as I was just about out of primers after my latest reloading night.

:cool: More good news (for people who don't like/ or are afraid to order online) - first trip to Academy in over two weeks. Went to look at Bicycles.....
Very Well Stocked ammo, but I didn't look at any .22 LR. Again - I was there...only.... to look at Bicycles (bought an “Ozone”). Noticed numerous chamberings for semi-auto rifles. 9mm etc also must have been there.

>>>> This was 5:00 PM :cool: <<<< Few people out there seem to mention the Time of Day when they provide updates of "local" ammo.

This makes quite a difference :), compared to "forgetting" to mention ;) going in the store at about 10:00-11:00 AM.

Last edited:
I still haven't bought ammo from my LGS in awhile as those prices seem a bit higher than online prices. Online prices for 9mm now appear to be around .38/rd. Still high but not as high as last year when it was double the price.

Back