Is ammo more available in your area/ prices stabilized or dropping?

Picked up my recent purchase, my P17 22 LR KelTec. Just on the off chance, I asked the sales guy "Do you have any 500 round boxes of 22 LR?"
He went off, came back with a 500 round box of Federal 1248 FPS 40g solid pt,
I bought it.
I have a major problem hand loading them into the magazines, just bought two easy loaders from amazon. Fixed. I Will go to my local Gun Shop, they have a range, soon. My wife and I will sight it in.
The unknown manufactured Kydex holster I use every day to carry my Glock 19 4th Gen 9mm in, it also fits my new P17 just goes click, snug! No manufacturer is named on this item. The gun belt I have used for 4 years or so. From the Wilderness Store Phoenix Arizona. The frequent Flyer. Weighs nothing, goes on planes quietly.
Still looks like new, after 5 years.

Stopped in Cabelas Manassas - they had common handgun calibers in stock - 9 mm seemed back to a normal price to me - Winchester White box 500 round boxes for $198.

Went to Great Falls, Montana to see my kids a week ago. Scheels was fully stocked with just about everything, and normal pricing. Plenty of new firearms, no used inventory.

Back here in Leftern WA, our best gun and ammo outlet in town, Coastal Farm and Ranch, have very little inventory, and moderate prices.

WWB at $0.40/round isn't "normal pricing". Get that down to about $0.25/round or below and that'll be WuFlu normal.

seanc said:
WWB at $0.40/round isn't "normal pricing". Get that down to about $0.25/round or below and that'll be WuFlu normal.
The 100-round value packs of WWB in .45 ACP were selling for $33 at Walmart more than 10 years ago. 40 cents per round isn't bad in today's market.

I have found ammo at Sportsman's Warehouse, Cabela's, and Cal Ranch. I have bought most my ammo on line, just picked up 200 rounds of 45acp at Palmetto State Armory, and I got some 9mm and 22lr at Cabela's. Don't judge me to hard on this but the Cabela's is 11 miles from my house but I ordered the ammo on line and had it shipped to me. I have also found 22 ammo at CCI.com with free shipping on orders over $100.

Picked up another 20 rd box of 30-30 win ammo from Scheels a few days ago. It was the Browning hi-point for $30. The Hornady 30-30 ammo from the previous week was all gone -- not surprised with hunting season coming up. Other than that, they appeared to be fully stocked on most common calibers

Here in Maryland lately: Price of spent brass cartridges is selling @ $2.20 a pound, at the metal recycling center.

The brass hounds at our outdoor range are making a killing on spent brass. Some are even collecting and selling empty 22lr rimfire hulls.

Walmart

Stopped by Walmart for Rx's last evening, NE TN. Found a few Winchester White Boxes of 7.62X51: %21.84/twenty. Picked up a couple of boxes. Other than my selection, no other ammo was in their empty (supply chain deprived) cupboard.

Pricing, at local gun shops, is still high, but much better than even a couple months ago. Still cheaper to buy online.

I still only see 22 & some hunting ammo in my local Wal Marts. Have not seen any 9mm, 40 S&W, etc for a loooooooooooooong time

local Cabela's did have a lot of 5.56 & handgun ammo when I was there about a month ago & it was priced ok. Still high on the 5.56

I just got this email, complete with photos of full shelves, from my LGS...

We just got in several hundred thousand rounds of ammo from 22LR to 50BMG and we have new lower prices.

We also have case pricing several calibers. The key is that the distributors have lowered some of the pricing and we are passing it on to you!

Come and get some ammo at the best pricing in the last two years!

Ammo in every gun shop I have been in the last 2 weeks, and plenty of it. Prices from ouch to a little high (based off 2019 prices). I am actually seeing 9mm for $10 to $15 for 50 round FMJs and $20 to $25 for 20 rounds of premium defense ammo. Seeing other calibers as well. Really not many holes.

Rifle ammo is still about 50% to 100% over 2019, but on the shelf. Shotshells are still the most scarce, and 20 to 30% higher when found.

Primers, a few at $75/1K here and there, but much more frequent. So I am still on concerned mode to resupply my reloading stocks.

Drove across town to a different LGS and bought 2 boxes of 30-30 win for $26 each + tax. Came out a little cheaper than Scheels when I last bought it from them

Back