Is ammo more available in your area/ prices stabilized or dropping?

Pistoler0:

So many guys who wanted Russian ammo to disappear were far too Dense to anticipate that it would likely cause Sharp price increases...

..on US-made ammo.

They soon might regret those wishes, unless they are in the ammo business.

Went to a gun show over the weekend. There was tons of ammo, mostly it was only twice as much as it used to be. Actually that's good because it has been three to four times. For a reloader I saw absolutely nothing. One ammo dealer that has been around a long time did have some bullets but not much. Mostly stuff that never sells.

I have been selling chemicals or equipment to ammo makers for over twenty years. Last Friday, I was called out 3:30 PM by a maker of ammo. I drove 2 hours and worked until 12:00 am to get a new piece of equipment I just sold up and running after a component failure. I got in at 2:00 AM Saturday morning. This particular manufacturer is running 24/7 and has expanded this new facility three times since it became operational last March. We have two other ammunition plants in the State and they are also 24/7. All three are backlogged for at least 24 months.

Last edited:
Went to Wally World (garden dirt is on sale) and went by sporting goods. What ammo? Anyway, I needed wasp spray b/c some wood wasps built a nest between the front door and the front fender. After spraying them down, I put it in the fireplace for immolation.

Did I mention there was no ammo?

Stopped by one of my Secret Squirrel shops on Tuesday.

Saw a few boxes of 9mm and 10mm on the shelf. They had some bulk .22lr, too. Big 'ole bucket of Remington (yuk) and three boxes of Federal Range Packs. Wanted to take all 3. I bought one for $65. Online pricing that's I've seen ranged from $100 to $200. I think that's a good sign small gun shops can provide reasonable prices closer to what they used to be.

Scheels' ammo supply is much better. Lots of Winchester bulk .223/556 ammo but at $0.75/rd. 9mm availability comes and goes. Still better off ordering online

Still kinda hit and miss but a local pawn shop had some 9mm ball ammo for $19.99 for 50, so that was much better than it has been. Components, REALLY hit and miss, but more is showing up so that is a step in the right direction.

A friend was in Wyoming last month. He was in a Walmart store and spotted three 2,400 each bulk buckets of 22LR. $79 each. He bought all.

Scheels was fully loaded today, especially bulk ammo for 9mm, 223/556 and even 300 Blk out. I bought 2 boxes of 9mm at $17.99 ea. Not great but not as bad as before either

Local Wallyworlds are barren…. And have been for months. Couple local stores have ammo but with double the cost of ammo before the craziness, it’s not going fast, not to mention the caliber choices are limited. Local BX has some limited stock, but nothing I’m looking for.

I’ve been prowling the online places for Hornady 6.8 SPC 120 gr SSTs (loaded ammo, not component) and nearly choked to see the prices that an extremely limited number of places who actually had it were asking. $70 for a box of 20? :eek: Yeah, no!

I see lots of 6.5, .450 Bushmaster and finally some .243 coming on the shelves. Pistol ammo is hit or miss depending on the day. My usual stores can have a full shelf one day and nothing the next.

Cabela's had a bunch on Saturday, but prices were much higher than normal.

In Stock was 25 acp, 9mm, 30-30, 270, 5.56, 308, 22lr buckets and bricks

Sheel's has their grand opening going on in my town. Just about every common cartridge is fully stocked. I reload, so I didn't check on many prices. From what I saw, it was obviously higher than it used to be. A lot lower than what I've been seeing on AmmoSeek. Typical box of 9mm was around $20. Far cry from the $50+/box I was seeing this past year.

Back