Bye Bye Elliot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

To me, when it comes to publically mocking the wife...

If I thought she were being held up to public ridicule, I would agree, but as noted above she is not actually the object of the ridicule expressed.

Lost respect

You would think as governor and a man who holds a powerful office he could have done like many politicians and gotten it for free. NY City surely has some fine patriotic ladies that would have taken one for the team.

If he was going to spend the big bucks he could have kept it in NY state since I understand the economy there is hurting.

I would not be surprised if he offed himself. Right now on fox they are talking about reports the over a period of 3 years he has spent over 80K on ho's.

Elliot, you DOG you !

Elliot Spitzer has been a deadly enemy of America, and of the Second Amendment.
I was thrilled to see him step on it, and in it.

WhyteP28 said:
Wow, that's A LOT of gardening. At least he's reaping what he has sown.

Well, you didn't see the target in my wife comment -- despite zukiphile's spot-on explanation -- but credit is due; that was a clever comment.

No worries. I went back and reread, and I can see I took it the wrong way. I guess I was primed to read it the wrong way after hearing people on the local radio dragging the wife through the mud. I owe you an apology.

zukiphile said:
I've followed the NYT for a while. They would have to be a more brashly conservative version of Fox News for about a half century to balance out their past performance.

No argument here.

I suppose I have a some appreciation for the NY Times and the LA Times because (disregarding their obvious editorial bias -- which I believe they are entitled to -- although not in hard news) their writing is so erudite in comparison to more locally oriented papers: "Who won the Bake-Off? See page 7".

My own local paper is so pathetic, they scarcely deserve their mocking nic-name: "The Bovine Bugle".

WhyteP38 said:
No worries. I went back and reread, and I can see I took it the wrong way.

No problem. The printed word is deviod of most inflection (other than HTML generated impact!

It is the obligation of the communicator to fashion a message which will be received with the original intent intact.

Eschew obfuscation!

I will not say that I find any issue with prostitution, because I do not, but I do have an issue with people that take an oath to support and enforce the law of the land but then decide that said laws do not apply to them.

I will not say that I find any issue with prostitution, because I do not

Prostitution exploites women, and demeans and degrades them. When one pays a prostitute for sex, she is simply being treated as a sexual object and a commodity. Other than that, I guess it is no big deal.

Why does it have to degrade women

If you have to ask the question, you wouldn't understand the answer.

and why are you so sexist to think all prostitutes are female?

Being "sexist" has nothing to do with it, but don't let that stop you from climbing up there on that soap box. And I'll just leave it at that........nothing more to discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back