Bye Bye Elliot

Status
Not open for further replies.
And this is the 1% of prostitutes.

Not to worry. Rush Limbough was discussing this very topic today. Seems women have been demanding "equal pay for equal work" for years. I'm sure Hillary and NOW will soon be sponsoring legislation requiring all prostitutes make $1,000 per hour, work only in expensive hotels and have government paid for health care.

Seriously, saying ALL prostitutes are exploited victims is like saying ALL people that like guns are really using them as a phallic symbol and have penis envy. I just don't buy that a prostitute is a victim merely because they are a prostitute. Someone that has never been a prostitute cannot make blanket statements about them.

I DID read it. I disagree that it applies 100% of the time to each and every prostitute in the world. And if you read Mayflower Madam, you will see that prostitutes disagree with it also. It is easy to say they are too stupid to know they are being exploited. Doesn't mean they really are.

Is this part of a "political agenda" ?
Yes, it is. It is a medical "editorial" and is not backed by any official medical stance or philosophy. It is an opinion.

As for my psychological experience, feel free to call Janus Youth Services/Willamette Bridge programs and see if they will send you a copy of my credentials. I was only a psychologist on their payroll for five years before I started my own business.

Your turn...what are your psychology related credentials?

You are welcome to your own morals and your own opinions and some people do indeed fall under your description of being exploited...but it is not always the case and you have to be able to see that. Degradation and shame requires cooperation from both parties. If you do not allow yourself to be shamed and degraded it is hard for someone to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back