9mm, 40S&W, 45ACP

If I strike it rich, I'll find a need for a .327 for sure. I was actually pretty glad that the only .32 dad had went to my brother (S&W 16) as I was not really looking forward to trying to load for another caliber.

Sweet shooting pistol though.

If I strike it rich, I'll find a need for a .327 for sure. I was actually pretty glad that the only .32 dad had went to my brother (S&W 16) as I was not really looking forward to trying to load for another caliber.

Sweet shooting pistol though.

There's just something about having a six-shooter in a small frame, or seven in a medium frame, and .327 makes it both sweet-shooting and powerful. Right now, I think it is only offered in single-shot. :(

62 and finally figured it out

Except for a .357 revolver that I don't even know why I keep,all my handguns are chambered for ...........40 S&W,the most versatile pistol cartridge known to man.

I don't think there's much the 40 can do that can't be accomplished with a 9mm.

Target shooting, SD and hunting deer and smaller game.

Most versatile pistol caliber would have to be...50 AE.

Not trying to hijack this thread. Carry on with your love of small, yet capable calibers.

I'm 66 and have 9mm and 45 ACP for carry. Can't really say I have a marked preference, but if I have to choose, make mine .45.

add detail

I really learned to love the .40S&W when I started shooting a CZ Tactical Sport. It's a pretty big pistol that really soaks up recoil. I was surprised at how much more came through when I picked up a .40 CZ75B. I find the .45 in commander length positively laid back in comparison. I'm mid 60.

I'm 73 and I shoot 9mm and 40 caliber.

For some reason I shoot the 40 caliber better than the 9mm so my EDC is a Glock 23.

42, on duty it's .40 S&W out of a H&K USP. Off duty, and bedside, it's a 9mm S&W 39-2. For church it's a S&W 642 in .38spl, and truthfully I never fill undergunned. I've also carried .45acp on and off duty, and 9mm on duty. To me, it's about the gun, and my current fascination with whatever platform at that time.

and bedside, it's a 9mm S&W 39-2
I love this choice right here! :cool:

Great pistol and historically significant. They designed and built these so well, they stood the test of time. I'm willing to bet most don't realize just how commercially successful this gun is/was. Because they made so many of them, they are not hard to find and they just don't cost a lot of money. I found mine about a year ago and it was very nearly mint except for one tiny ding in the back strap and missing it's OEM wood stocks. For $400, it was a no brainer and it's a joy to shoot and own.

Back