9mm, 40S&W, 45ACP

@Sevens, I bought mine a couple years back and I basically stole it at $250. Ironic for a cop off a cop, lol. My example is quite possibly one of the first issued to our vaunted Illinois State Police.

@Guv, I absolutely love the way it feels in my hand. Just feels right.

I know the 3rd gens get the most love, and my first ever .40 s&w was a 410, but IMHO, this one feels better. It's definitely one of my top 5 personally owned firearms.

Ya know which very specific part of the 39-2 that I really love a heap? It's the trigger.

No, not the trigger pull, its break or reset or those things...
I really like the contour/shape, the surface & feel of it's face mating up with my trigger finger.

I've got six different S&W metal pistols covering all three gens and all are great but the 39-2 has a special feel.

True, but the SA reset is very nice! Very short, very crisp, and audible. Besides the contour and feel, which is as you say, the trigger is very nice all the way around. Ok, maybe just a little too much take up, lol. The 39-2 isn't perfect, but it sure is a very well rounded firearm.

Early in my 4th decade on the planet, and I prefer my .40 S+W CZ75b because I shoot it the best of all the guns I have owned.
But I would feel just as secure with the same gun in 9mm.

I have yet to find a .45 ACP pistol that I shoot well.

Doesn't really matter what you are shooting if you can't hit anything with it;)

57 currently, and another .45 acp devotee.
I also own one 9mm, although I have owned a number of different ones in the past.
I've had a half-dozen .40s, but the cartridge never grew on me.
I do have one .40 Mag (10mm) though... :D

I am a 33 year old who loves the 9mm and the .45 ACP in my handguns. I think it depends on the gun more than the caliber for me. I like both and will carry a .45 ACP when I get my permit but I have carried a 9mm and will probably carry one again with no hesitation. It really depends on where I am going, what I will be doing, and what my friends will be carrying.

55 years old and .45 is my choice. I will admit that my Dad's stories from WWII and his 1911 strongly stirred my desire to own a 1911.

On a side note, he also carried a Thompson sub-machine gun and while I would love to own one that will probably remain a dream!

24 years old. Only own 9mm's and .45's but .45 is my favorite and what I carry most because its what I grew up shooting. I refuse to own a .40 mainly because every single .40 I have ever shot has always seemed "snappier" to me than the 9mm's and .45's I have shot. Also the frequency of accounts of .40 causing guns to go kaboom has succeeded in making me steer clear of owning one.

.45 ACP

The others suck and are used by newbs in COD and Battlefield.

JUST KIDDING!

I like a 9. OH YEAH! Sweet, sweet 9...

Aged: 23 1/2

Sounds fun

45acp and 45 years old,but I do like 9mm also. I see no reason for me to have a 40. 9mm is the cheapest and 45 isn't much more than 40.

Back