9mm, 40S&W, 45ACP

44 and I like all three but would pick 9mm as my favorite.

Mostly for practicality:

Higher capacity
Great controllability
I shoot it well
Ecconomically for purchasing loaded ammo and reloading
Most any center fire semi-auto pistol design will be offered in it.

Age & Caliber

I'm 59 and getting closer to 60.
My EDC is a Glock 26, 9mm of course. It is easy to shoot in a small pistol. Gives more shots than the other larger pistol calibers. Hits hard enough to make the problem go away as opposed to 25, 32, 380ACP.

36 and I prefer the 9mm after a few years trying to convince myself the 40 cal was the way to go. the .45 acp is a close 2nd.

25 years old. 45 is my favorite. (Close second is 38 spl). Then 9mm. 40 cal..... meh.... not as much capacity as a 9mm and just doesn't shoot like a 45. Its one that I do shoot quite a bit though. Im just not in love with it.

I could point you towards the "god of all things tacticool" mr james yeager and tell you to look up his video of why "40's suck"

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

60 years old

I own and shoot eight 9 mm's and eleven 45's which I shoot. Humm my favorite is the 45 acp but mt regular carry is Sig 938 9 mm.

I don't shoot .40 ... for fun, I prefer 9mm and my most carried gun is a Kahr PM9 ... but I do carry one of two .45s, either a Kimber UCII or a Springer XDs and love shooting them too ... 69 and counting ...

I have and shoot them all, but my favorite of the three is .45auto. There's just something about the 1911 platform that feels right. And I'm 54.

Just turned 49 and 45 is probably my favorite, closely followed by 9mm. I only recently entered the 40 owners club and while it's a good compromise it just doesn't give me the warm fuzzys like the two old war horses do.

1. .45ACP own three not counting a .45Colt.
2. .40 short & weak, gave it up for a 10mm.
3. 9mm good for concealed carry in small guns.

The FBI is 106 and they are going to 9mm. But they are largely responsible for the .40 being developed. Historically they have used .38 and .45 in their past.

Back