You've just learned a hit man is coming to get you. Now what?

i dunno, but im thinking that even if you pack a gun, or have plenty of friends, he could still get you, sniping, watever.

heh, dunno what the heck i would do...

Ok, I'll play along

Your hypothetical states that you know a hitman is after you.

THAT DOESN'T CHANGE THE WEAPON SYSTEM(S) YOU CARRY.

SUPPOSEDLY, THAT CHANGES YOUR STATE OF AWARENESS FROM ORANGE TO RED. NO ONE REMAINS AT CONDITION RED FOR ANY LENGTH OF TIME. IT IS TOO FATIGUING. REASONABLY, IF YOU HAD TO REMAIN AT CONDITION RED FOR ANY LENGTH OF TIME, YOU WOULD LEAVE. HOWEVER YOUR HYPOTEHTICAL DOES NOT PERMIT LEAVING.

YOU WANT A DISCUSSION OF FIREARMS AND YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE ONE.

HERE IS THE ANSWER. IF YOU COULDN'T FIGURE OUT THE ANSWER BEFORE POSTING, YOU NEED TO DO SOME REFLECTION BEFORE YOU POST AGAIN SUCH A QUESTION. IT IS THE ONLY WAY YOU WILL REALLY LEARN.

1. YOU PUT YOURSELF IN THE HITMAN'S FRAME OF MIND TO FIGURE OUT HOW YOU ARE VULNERABLE AS A POTENTIAL VICTIM. THIS MEANS THE WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE, WHY AND HOW OF AN AVENUE OF APPROACH, EXECUTION AND RETREAT.

2. YOU THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CAN DO TO DISRUPT THE HITMAN'S APPROACH TO YOU AS A VICTIM.

3. YOU FIGURE OUT HOW TO TURN THE HITMAN INTO A VICTIM.

HITMEN ARE NOT AS VERSATILE AS YOU MAY THINK. IT IS NOT LIKE IN THE MOVIES.

MURDER, INC. WENT FROM HANDGUNS TO ICEPICKS BECAUSE THEIR MEMBERS WOULD NOT PROPERLY AIM WITH HANDGUNS.

SHOTGUNS ARE PREFERRED OVER MACHINE GUNS AND RIFLES.

FINDING A WAY TO WIN YOUR CONFIDENCE IS THE USUAL APPROACH OR KNOWING YOUR ROUTINE HABITS.

YOU HAVE TO THINK OUTSIDE OF THE BOX. YOU CAN BE POISONED, CAR BOMBED TRICKED INTO A MEETING LIKE JIMM HOFFA.

SO HERE IS THE FINAL ANSWER TO YOUR HYPOTHETICAL. YOU KIDNAP YOUR FORMER WIFE AND TORTURE HER INTO PROVIDING YOU WITH INFORMATION.

IF YOU HADN'T FIGURED OUT THE ANSWER, YOU ARE NOT DEALING WITH REALITY.

:) Well, I have to preface these remarks with the comments that the NRA has a whole set of different rules for any homeowner trapped inside the house by an armed and dangerous intruder. This is where things like: A loud verbal warning, a cell phone, a security safe, trigger lock and handgun, a powerful flashlight, secondary escape and police arrival greeting plans really come in handy. However, few of these precautions are appropriate against a hard fast assault-style attack where premeditated murder is the specific intended goal. For a real life hit man you need to play the game by an entirely different set of rules.

First: If you see the situation developing, visit with the State Police. Tell the (incredulous) interviewing officer of your concerns. (It’s OK if your suspicions are presently unfounded!) Give him the names and addresses of any potential actors. Preface your remarks with a comment, like; ‘It’s probably nothing to worry about; but, if something should happen to me … .’ Do not rely on the interviewer to keep accurate notes, either. Put everything in writing, yourself, and afterwards mail a hard copy of your interview report to the State Police barracks.

Second: Harden your own living environment. Get a big dog(s). Go online and checkout security websites for any of the really excellent wireless perimeter alarms that are around today. You’d be amazed at what you can buy for less than $500.00!

Third: (And often overlooked) Wear your sidearm! It ain’t going to do you any good if it’s in the other room when you need it!

Fourth: Discuss your, ‘action plan’ with whomever lives with you. Each of you should know what to expect and how to respond. If it happens, all you’ll get (and all you’ll need) is a brief initial warning. That’s enough time to get vested, locked, and loaded.

Fifth: Anytime you sense an attack is about to occur, hit 911 on your cell phone; leave it connected to the operator; but don’t waste valuable, ‘trigger time’ trying to explain what’s going on. Nowadays most cell phones are GPS equipped; the police WILL be able to listen to what’s happening as well as to locate you.

Sixth: Expect everything to happen very, very fast because it will! Do not move around looking for your attacker. Make him come to you, instead. Have a, ‘fallback position’ (and weapons) ready for after the first shots are fired. If you must leave cover, then, let the dog at him - first. By following the dog into the fight you’ll be able to sight-in on him before he’s able to focus on you.

Seventh: Know your weapon(s) very well. Your hardware shouldn’t change. You should always be using and carrying the right gun(s) and other equipment.

Eighth: Deliberately vary your daily routines and travel times. The most dangerous event you’ll have to prepare for is, ‘the setup’. Any assailant who truly knows what he’s doing will try to get you off your own ground before attacking. The most dangerous things you can do while being actively stalked is to travel, use an automobile, or isolate yourself - in any way - from immediate public view. Parking lots, parks, sidewalks, quiet restaurants, restrooms, and (Are you ready for the last one?) large tightly-packed crowds are the most dangerous places to find yourself.

Ninth: Watch what you say on the telephone or to, ‘friends’ about where you’ll be or what you’ll be doing! Your own mouth is the primary mean of discovery about yourself and your daily habits. You need to clearly understand that you can’t afford to trust, either, other people or unexpected events. I’ve studied these personalities for many years; in my experience, the vast majority of criminals who commit this sort of crime are inveterate cowards. They won’t attempt an attack on a, ‘hard target’.

In this regard your biggest threat won’t come from a lone gunman; it’s a team of multiple assailants that you’ve really got to worry about. You will definitely need: advance preparation, some sort of warning system, (I prefer silent.) a good dog(s), an initial as well as a backup firing position, (and weapons) and you are going to have to resolve that determined fighting is your only way out.

But wait, it gets better! Now things are really serious. Anytime you go up against 2 or more assailants, well then, in addition to all of the above, you’re probably also going to need to know something about defensive and evasive driving maneuvers, too.

Tenth: Say your prayers; make yourself right with God; and be ready to, ‘go for broke’ at a moment’s notice. Me? I’d expect some sort of trickery, first, before an actual, ‘hard attack’. Nevertheless, being stalked by hit men may not be as bad as you think.. Personally, I’ve always thought that old age is much worse; but, hey, life can be boring and, anyway, that’s just me!

PS: Sometimes, I thoroughly enjoy reading these (mostly silly) threads; and, in this regard, I really loved your post, ‘BDC’! ;)

The simple solution

If you already know there's a torpedo after you, and also know (or can reasonably guess) who did the hiring, then the solution is simple.

Get your hands on that person and torture them until they give up the contact. Work your way from there.

Don't get all weepy about 'Oh, torture is wrong!'. So is hiring someone to commit murder by proxy. If someone has decided that killing me is right, then they've forfeited their life to me, and anything I do to them is justified from then on.

Inform cops. Take six-month vacation in Patagonia (and take the whole arsenal with, maybe pick up some new stuff down there ;) ). Repeat as necessary.

Tel0004, you'd shoot him with airsoft guns?

I would probably move to Mexico, but not before smashing the Hummel collection and mailing the shards to her.

If you are the rich one, offer the hitman twice what he was originally paid to do a return hit on your ex-wife.

THEN, next time don't marry a woman because of her looks because that will definitely come back to haunt you. Goldiggers are not worth marrying. Let the skank think you are dirt poor and if she is still with you, then show her the money.

Or get plastic surgery and make yourself look like someone else.

Well, I have to preface these remarks with the comments that the NRA has a whole set of different rules for any homeowner trapped inside the house by an armed and dangerous intruder. This is where things like: A loud verbal warning, a cell phone, a security safe, trigger lock and handgun, a powerful flashlight, secondary escape and police arrival greeting plans really come in handy. However, few of these precautions are appropriate against a hard fast assault-style attack where premeditated murder is the specific intended goal. For a real life hit man you need to play the game by an entirely different set of rules.

First: If you see the situation developing, visit with the State Police. Tell the (incredulous) interviewing officer of your concerns. (It’s OK if your suspicions are presently unfounded!) Give him the names and addresses of any potential actors. Preface your remarks with a comment, like; ‘It’s probably nothing to worry about; but, if something should happen to me … .’ Do not rely on the interviewer to keep accurate notes, either. Put everything in writing, yourself, and afterwards mail a hard copy of your interview report to the State Police barracks.

Second: Harden your own living environment. Get a big dog(s). Go online and checkout security websites for any of the really excellent wireless perimeter alarms that are around today. You’d be amazed at what you can buy for less than $500.00!

Third: (And often overlooked) Wear your sidearm! It ain’t going to do you any good if it’s in the other room when you need it!

Fourth: Discuss your, ‘action plan’ with whomever lives with you. Each of you should know what to expect and how to respond. If it happens, all you’ll get (and all you’ll need) is a brief initial warning. That’s enough time to get vested, locked, and loaded.

Fifth: Anytime you sense an attack is about to occur, hit 911 on your cell phone; leave it connected to the operator; but don’t waste valuable, ‘trigger time’ trying to explain what’s going on. Nowadays most cell phones are GPS equipped; the police WILL be able to listen to what’s happening as well as to locate you.

Sixth: Expect everything to happen very, very fast because it will! Do not move around looking for your attacker. Make him come to you, instead. Have a, ‘fallback position’ (and weapons) ready for after the first shots are fired. If you must leave cover, then, let the dog at him - first. By following the dog into the fight you’ll be able to sight-in on him before he’s able to focus on you.

Seventh: Know your weapon(s) very well. Your hardware shouldn’t change. You should always be using and carrying the right gun(s) and other equipment.

Eighth: Deliberately vary your daily routines and travel times. The most dangerous event you’ll have to prepare for is, ‘the setup’. Any assailant who truly knows what he’s doing will try to get you off your own ground before attacking. The most dangerous things you can do while being actively stalked is to travel, use an automobile, or isolate yourself - in any way - from immediate public view. Parking lots, parks, sidewalks, quiet restaurants, restrooms, and (Are you ready for the last one?) large tightly-packed crowds are the most dangerous places to find yourself.

Ninth: Watch what you say on the telephone or to, ‘friends’ about where you’ll be or what you’ll be doing! Your own mouth is the primary mean of discovery about yourself and your daily habits. You need to clearly understand that you can’t afford to trust, either, other people or unexpected events. I’ve studied these personalities for many years; in my experience, the vast majority of criminals who commit this sort of crime are inveterate cowards. They won’t attempt an attack on a, ‘hard target’.

In this regard your biggest threat won’t come from a lone gunman; it’s a team of multiple assailants that you’ve really got to worry about. You will definitely need: advance preparation, some sort of warning system, (I prefer silent.) a good dog(s), an initial as well as a backup firing position, (and weapons) and you are going to have to resolve that determined fighting is your only way out.

But wait, it gets better! Now things are really serious. Anytime you go up against 2 or more assailants, well then, in addition to all of the above, you’re probably also going to need to know something about defensive and evasive driving maneuvers, too.

Tenth: Say your prayers; make yourself right with God; and be ready to, ‘go for broke’ at a moment’s notice. Me? I’d expect some sort of trickery, first, before an actual, ‘hard attack’. Nevertheless, being stalked by hit men may not be as bad as you think.. Personally, I’ve always thought that old age is much worse; but, hey, life can be boring and, anyway, that’s just me!

:barf: WOW!!!

All--

I would start voting frantically for every liberal I could find and make not only guns, but all forms of violence--even politically incorrect disagreement!--illegal!

Then, of course, when the "proper" laws were in place, it would be illegal for the hit man to hurt me. Maybe he could serve me ice cream. Since I am diabetic, that would probably kill me.

Hmmm. Ban ice cream, too? Nah! That would be TOO MUCH! Come and get me, sucker! Me and Mr. Gauge have NOTHING ELSE TO DO but wait and watch for you.

--seal killer

Hey tel 004. does that include the stinky toes in the picture or is that kinda cut out not to let that hitman know what you will be hitting him back with in case he is one of us? By the way, what if there IS no hitman and you were led there was just to make you think that and live in fear always looking over your shoulder? I think thats even worse.

Hm, I just dreamt of the mafia coming over to me. I just had loaded both revolvers and the semi-auto (I don't own a semi-auto in real life) when the limousines were driving through the gate. I just thought: "Damned, I should have loaded the semi-auto shotguns, too." before I awoke.

Seriously, I would love to know real the reason behind this thread! Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't "Hummel's" cheap little statues that old ladies buy? Hitman, Hummel? Who would have thought?! You gotta stop livin' on the edge man!

Back