Your most expensive handgun.

My most expensive handgun off the shelf was this S&W PC1911 ($1650). Most accurate .45 ACP I've ever shot. Had to put in a new sear and hammer spring to get the trigger up to 3 1/2 lbs for bullseye. It shoots way better than my ability. A 25 yard group fired bullseye style.

PC191125Yards.jpg

My most expensive handgun after custom work is my Ruger Bisley .475 Linebaugh built by Linebaugh Custom Guns ($3000!) Closest thing I've ever seen to absolute perfection.

475LinebaughRuger.jpg

Now, that is hard to say since I am notoriously frugal. I do not pay much for guns. I paid $425 with tax for my Python and am sure that I overpaid it some 30 years ago.

I learnt from it. I probably paid most for my SIG P210-4 but nowhere near what some internet vendors are asking.

I have or have had a couple handfuls of short guns. A **** or two in there but most were solid, reliable guns from reputable manufactures. Still the most I've paid was for my Talo MKIII 22/45. Under 3 and a half bills.

My most expensive handgun off the shelf was this S&W PC1911 ($1650). Most accurate .45 ACP I've ever shot. Had to put in a new sear and hammer spring to get the trigger up to 3 1/2 lbs for bullseye. It shoots way better than my ability. A 25 yard group fired bullseye style.

PC191125Yards.jpg

My most expensive handgun after custom work is my Ruger Bisley .475 Linebaugh built by Linebaugh Custom Guns ($3000!) Closest thing I've ever seen to absolute perfection.

475LinebaughRuger.jpg

Dude that Linebaugh is a beaut!

Surprisingly, these two are number 1 and 2 on the most expensive for me.

3844ods_humpbacks.jpg

Both are 1939 38/44 Outdoorsman's with Humpback hammers and matching grips. One even has the original box.

Just received Cylinder & Slide's 100th Anniversary 1911. Bill sure as heck didn't pluck a mass produced 1911 off the assembly line and massaged in roll marks on the slide. He did his homework. He and his gunsmiths poured an insane amount of time fabricating them from scratch.

I chose the Army designation and was allowed to choose my own serial number.

Here's the link to the story and his prototype pics. I have never seen such a beautiful work of art in my life. I thought my Les Baer was a beauty. It is. But the C&S just takes it to another level.

http://www.cylinder-slide.com/reproduction.shtml

SpareMag said:
Jbar...what IS that thing?

Guide Lamp Liberator. Single shot .45 acp made of stamped steel and destined to be air dropped behind enemy lines to give resistance fighters a chance to plug Herr Rolf in the ear and take his guns. One million were made over a span of about eleven weeks, but the war ended before any were deployed in the field. Most ended up dumped in the ocean or buried as surplus war materiel was disposed of. They came with a cartoon picture type instruction sheet, which I also have, and which is far more rare than the pistol. The pistol & instructions were packed in a waxed cardboard box, along with ten rounds and a short dowel to poke out the empty. Ten rounds was pretty optimistic... either you killed Rolf with the first shot when you screwed the pistol into his ear and pulled the trigger, or you were dead.

All are beautiful guns. But the Ruger Bisley .475 Linebaugh is the fairest in the land. Of course beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Semi's are sexy hot but revolvers are beautiful.

Concerning the Ruger Bisley 475 Linebaugh.

Best thing about it was those Ivory Micarta grips. No visible gaps and they really soak up the recoil - full power .475 Linebaugh loads are no fun! I learned the hard way with my BFR. Forgot my PAST Recoil Glove one day and just kept shooting. D'Oh!

Ouch.jpg

Back