Your most expensive handgun.

I'll take the bait-- where's that dough going? Sounds interesting.
I'm going to have a Ruger 50th anniversary .44Mag flat-top converted into a Bisley .500JRH with an octagon barrel, hand polished rust or charcoal blue finish and ivory stocks. Color case hardened hammer and trigger. Haven't decided if I'll have it engraved or not.

"It depends on whether you consider what they are currently worth, or what you paid at the time you bought it."

So true.
I would guess that my most expensive handgun would be an HK MK23. I didn't pay that much for it when I bought it, but I saw one in a shop the other day for $2400 :eek:
I don't know what they typically go for, but I saw another one, in another shop 4-5 years ago for $2100.
And that is for a bone stock gun (no custom stuff).

I am aware of one TFL'er that has a very historical handgun worth in the solid 6 figures. It is up to him to reveal not me. How about it T Man, a little history and a pic?:)

Last edited:
Haz251 - That Beretta is the Steel I model. Its a SAO version along with a few others enhancements it has the frame mounted safety. They are discontinued I believe.

I also have the combat model which has a frame mounted safety as well :)

Margo it is gorgeous looking with that inox finish! I'll have to keep my eyes out for one.

Last edited:
Encore Pro Hunter with a Burris scope:

attachment.php

How about a Bren Ten that cost me about $3,100?

The actual Bren Ten that I received (November 1984) cost about $500; but I also prepaid (1983) for a Commemorative Model ($2,000) and a Pocket Model ($600) that I did not receive.

In inflated 2013 dollars that would be about $7,500.

Live and learn.

Come on: Somebody is waiting in the wings just dying to flash their Hi-Point! :D

The most expensive (and arguably the best) pistol I currently have in my inventory is my Smith & Wesson Model 945. A Smith Model 52 I've had for several decades is probably the second most valuable handgun I own.

My Springfield 1911 Loaded target model might be worth the most currently but my S&W model 18 is the one I spent the most on. It is the only new handgun I have ever bought and it is not going anywhere anytime soon.

img0164ba.jpg

my 1st run Ruger SRH in .480 Ruger traded my IAI Automag IV for it, and hopefully come June it will be a blued Desert Eagle MK VII in .44/.41/.357 mag.

Back