Your most expensive handgun.

Hard to say for sure. Here is the one that I paid the most for out of my pocket, a Brown Centennial model with some added tweaks:

I found a pristine "used" Wilson Combat that would probably bring more money:

With the cost of Pythons out of sight, this one's in the running and will undoubtedly bring more in the long run:

A freedom arms revolver...paid a little over $ 3K for it...

( and I love the gun / every penny was worth it - to me ).

Mine is my S&W 1911PD .45acp with crimson trace grips,it was expensive and worth every penny,except i am selling the laser grips for some wood since i dont use the laser one's like i thought i would.

Mine is a custom .45 CCO built for me by Sam Hatfield (hatfieldsgunsmithing.com) from a Fusion Officers lower, a Kimber Pro Carry upper, an STI hammer & sear, and Wilson small parts with three #47 mags fitted to the gun.

CCO_1.jpg
[/URL]

This gun was built in 4-4-89 and never fired, paid 1600 for it.
That is so sad! :(

An FA revolver is on the top of my bucket list. Someday I will buy one, and the day I get it, I will be at the range tossing lead out of it.

I never could bring myself to pay big bucks for a handgun.
I just bought a Colt Combat Elite that cost more than I ever thought I would pay for a handgun.

Mine's a Colt Python - looks identical to KyJim's. I purchased it new in 1983 for $449.99. It's worth a bit more than that now. It's in great shape - I've taken excellent care of it. I haven't fired it in at least 25 years, but on 9/3 this year, I'm going to take it out for a shoot - on the 30th anniversary of when I got it.

Have a CCG bisley tweaked a bit to my likin'

Bisley with a .44 mag cylinder reamed out to tight .45 colt specs, 5.5" Douglas barrel, Bowen Rear sight, action job and matte hard chrome finish. Shoots far better than I do. Favorite gun.

CCG is the markings of a sorta genius named dave clements.

I'm about to sink $2500 into one I paid $500 for.
I'll take the bait-- where's that dough going? Sounds interesting.

I don't know if it is the most valuable I have but I think it is one of the ones I paid the most for.
How much did it cost to bring that home?
I don't even know if I could fit my hand in there without cracking that grip.
Definitely something you don't see...well, ever.

Most I've yet spent on a handgun is my Coonan Classic, and I bought it used. I still think I got a terrific deal on it and I barely blinked at the expenditure. Which is out of character because I'm a much more comfortable handgun buyer in the $400 to $700 range.

The most "valuable" handgun I've owned was an Ed Brown Special Forces, but I got that one for a song and simply held it long enough to be sure that I didn't need to own it. I sold it and bought one of my favorite guns (Tanfoglio Elite Match) ... just with the profit and none of the principle. And I had a couple hundred left over. The whole story sounds ridiculous... most would think that I made it up.

Toss up between my 1941 SS issued Walther PP,1917 DWM P-08 Luger,and my six inch Colt Python. The price fluctuates on all three.

Back