Your "Flagship" pistol?

Status
Not open for further replies.
HK USP Compact in .45 ACP... I'll be back when I get a picture taken. :)

Btw Foxy, congrats on your Mk23. This may seem like a weird thing to say cause you might have had it for a while, but... even if you've had it 5 years, congrats just for having the impeccable taste that motivated you to get it.

Currently this one...

attachment.php

... but if Bluto is willing to part with his, I could be encouraged to change my mind. :D

My 30+ year old, five-inch, P&Red, Smith 27-2 .357 magnum

Mine to..except mine is a 6in version.

(sorry for the crap photography..I hate my new digital camera)

Attachments

• PA070003.JPG
    PA070003.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 142
  • PA070004.JPG
    PA070004.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 81
S&W Pre-Model 17

She ain't the prettiest or the newest in the safe but she's the first handgun I ever bought and is also the most accurate one I own.

fSW.jpg

My collection is not that large, I love my Glock 17 and my Taurus 85 UL, but I'm most fond of my Ruger Bisley Vaquero 44 magnum 4 5/8 inch barrel in stainless steel with rosewood grips.

Astra A-75/Lee Enfield

No pictures since I'm at work and it isn't a real pretty gun anyway. But it feels great in my hand and I can hit stuff with it! I love this gun so much that I put my Glock back in its' case. When it comes to rifles it is my Lee Enfield, again, it just feels right in my hands.

Freedom Arms

Freedom Arms Model 83 454 Casull. Gift from my wife. Means a lot that she'd get that for me ( we ain't wealthy ).
I have quite a few guns to spread around to my friends when I croak ( including another Freedom Arms ). But that one goes in the box & 6ft under with me.

Tuckerdog1

Ruger

While my brother worked at Ruger, he acquired the pistol that was owned by Bill Sr. I did some "horse" trading with him and recieved the pistol into my small collection. Pistol in question is a .454 Casull Red Hawk. I don't ever know if I would get rid of it or not? Bill Sr. is no longer with us, and he did a great many things for the firearm community. Just knowing he owned the gun makes me smile.

Good thread by the way.....
Scott B.

Guess I'd have to say two - the Beretta 92FC I was issued new in 1988 and the S&W 586 no-dash I picked up at a show about a year ago.
92woodgripsa.jpg

DSC05492a.jpg

Only handgun I own is a NICE Ruger MK II Limited Edition USA shooting team, and I have no pictures of it but it is definately "flagship material". Soon I will have a sig. :) But since I might as well contribute to this thread, I give you my flagship long gun.

IMG_1443.jpg

IMG_1444.jpg

Note the stacking swivel is gone, I lost it in the woods :(...a nice rifle nonetheless. Dead on accurate, by the far the best built gun in my gunsafe.

Which gun is king of my gun safe?

That is an interestingly phrased question.

I would have to say, mainly because of a combination of beauty and power, that it would have to be my Ruger .44mag Super Blackhawk.

RugerBH.jpg

My Wilson Combat Protector, all stainless. Also, a S&W Model 41 I inherited from my great grandfather. He bought it new in 1960.

Wilson Combat Protector
HPIM0926.jpg

S&W Model 41
HPIM0924.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back