Your "Flagship" pistol?

Status
Not open for further replies.
p90-1.jpg

WoW~! Some good responses thus far- thanks for sharing folk's. :cool:

As far as my "Flagship Handgun" goes, it would have to be between an
older West German .45 caliber SIG P220A; and one of the newcomer's to
my stable of fine firearms, a Les Baer .45 caliber Thunder Ranch Special.

Last edited:
pre 29 5-screw 6.5 in blue S&W .44 Magnum

I have alot of nice ones and it is hard to decide. Probably in terms of value, nostalgia, quality, and all around nice I would have to say my first year of production S&W .44 Magnum.
pre29-a.jpg

This one was shipped in July,1956. It is very nicely finished and very accurate. It was originaly priced at $140 dollars which translates to roughly $2000 dollars today.

My "flagship" handgun: Steyr GB 9mm with two 18 round magazines.

My "don't leave home without it" handgun: 25 year old S&W Model 36.

Probably the nicer of my 5 inch 27-2 would be considered my "flagship" handgun. Many people like drooling over the 3.5 inch, but this one shoots MUCH better.
27013.jpg

My "flagship" pistol is not the most powerful (that would be one of my .357 magnums), nor the best looking (the Hi-Power or S&W M19-4 fit that role better) but I like and shoot it the most, it's almost the perfect handgun for me:

I might as well add to this post. Out of the 12 hand guns I own this one in my favorite. It is my Kimber Polymer that I bought new several years ago. It's fun to shoot and very accurate.

92773474.e2gMxOMZ.Kimber.jpg

Jim

My XD-40 is the "flagship" pistol in my collection. Its very accurate, very enjoyable to shoot, I love everything about it.

Attachments

• P3060001.JPG
    P3060001.JPG
    215.5 KB · Views: 37
Although I really like my Browning Tactical Hi Power in 40S&W/357 Sig and my M 24 S&W, my "go to" gun would have to be my recently aquired Roberized Glock 30. It has bumped my mildly modified Glock 23 from that position.

Glock30002.jpg

Glock30001.jpg

I am going to have to change my vote.

I have really been won over by my Sig P229 Elite Stainless and would now consider it the "Flagship" pistol in my collection. :)

SigP229Elite.jpg

Man this is a tough one.
I had to weigh all the options of all my guns, and pick the logical choice. and here it is:
000_0119.jpg

I believe this gun emboddies everything I look for(except the finish) that I look for in a pistol.
- High capacity
- DA/SA
- excellent sights
- Decent trigger
- Rugged
- Reliable
- concealable
- accurate.
- easy maintenance
If I were to go on looks alone it would be my Springer 1911

For me it's the sentimental "flagship". My dad's S&W model 64 that he carried for a few years before he retired from the police force in town. Now if I could only find the M-10 he carried for nearly 20 years before that I would really be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back