Your "Flagship" pistol?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beretta M92FS

A lot of guys swear by Glocks and SIGs, but for me.....this gun is perfect. I bought it back in the summer of 1999, new in box for $480.00, with some extra thrown in (ammo) from Gander Mountain. Before I bought my Beretta I bought a SIG-Sauer P226 in .40 S&W. Thing was way too finicky with ammo, and I could not for the life of me get the 10th round (pre-ban days...) in the magazines without slicing my thumb up. Up cleaning it the night before I took it into a gun store to get rid of it....rear sight fell off. That about sold me on selling it.

The M9 has great out of the box accuracy, and 15 round mags are cheap and plentiful.

I honestly cannot see myself every parting with this thing. She's perfect! :D

An old S&W....

I'm kind of partial to this one, an old M&P customized by Parker & Hale sometime in the early '50s. The grips I hunted down myself.

Attachments

• M&P stag lt 01.jpg
    M&P stag lt 01.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 54
mine would have to be my sig sauer platinum elite 220r BTW anyone have any idea what i can do to preserve this beautiful finish. Its my first gun im a bit of a newb??? :D
CIMG1103.jpg

Attachments

• CIMG1105.JPG
    CIMG1105.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
My Full-House Custom built from SA slide & frame by Bob Rodgers. Except for the slide & frame, every other pc. has been replaced/upgraded with top-of-the-line part. (I have since replaced the burlwood grips with mammoth ivory).

This ain't no Safe Queen! It was built for shootin'!

Attachments

• Left1911.jpg
    Left1911.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 43
  • leftmuzzle.jpg
    leftmuzzle.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 30
  • Top1911.jpg
    Top1911.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 31
My beloved, much-fired, dead accurate S&W 686+, 4-inch barrel. When it's rainy and I can't get to the range, I like to just prop it up in its case and look at it ... :D

I had to think a lot about answering this. I finally decided on a "flagship" revolver and a "flagship" semi-auto.

Here's my Python:

Colt_PythonStainless_01.jpg

My Ed Brown Special Forces:

Ed_Brown_Special_Forces1.jpg

Colt WWI Reissue w/ Silver and Gold Grips

Grips were made in 1981 in AZ for an Army Capt. in honor of his father who had survived being shot down in a helo in Vietnam.

Six months after receiving the grips, the Army Captain died in a helicopter training accident in TX.

Twenty six years later, the grips found their way to my pistol and the man who engraved them saw them online, contacted me, and gave me the back story.

They will remain on my pistol, and I am not going NEAR any helicopters.

Vanguard.45

Attachments

• LeftSide3.jpg
    LeftSide3.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 54
My "go-to" or "flagship" gun is a Beretta 92FS that I bought of Ken/Wildalaska a couple of years ago.

Mods include a "d" spring, hogue grips and a wolff 14lb recoil spring, wolff guide rod, oversized mag release, and BAR-STO barrel.

This gun will shoot a ragged hole at 25 yards all day long.

I have more powerful guns and easier handling guns, but this one the best shooting of them all.

Sorry no pics because I am TDY now.

JOE

Got two - a "flagship" 1911 and a "flagship" S&W.

The 1911 is a magnificently built custom Caspian, two-tone hi-polish blue and nickel frame. More reliable and accurate than any 1911 I've ever seen.

The S&W is a limited edition "Lew Horton" distributor special from the mid 80s. A 3" .44 magnum with factory custom exotic combat grips.

IMGP2329.jpg

IMGP2536.jpg

Mine is plain Jane old school,,,,,,

Stella (the Star of my gun safe) is a S&W Model 15 Combat Masterpiece.

stella-lr.jpg

This was the first handgun I ever gained proficiency with,,,
I got some excellent training from the USAF in it's use.

I purchased this one about 6 years ago,,,
I still smile every time I pick her up.

Aarond

This is my Colt's Revolving Belt Pistol of Naval Caliber:

navy.jpg

It can be found on my belt at all times, or close at hand. Loaded. Yes boys, a .36 round ball will put you six feet under faster than you can blink. Ask the old cow hands or Bill Hickok himself, the Colt Navy is a timeless piece and it's my signature sidearm.

Flagship pistol is my .32ACP Smith & Wesson; Found one near NIB, then a few years later came across another one reasonably priced that had a little wear on it, so I'm not afraid to shoot that one.

7 pages, and some beautiful guns, that owners are proud of. BUT, this thread died back in spring of "08, and many of the photos are gone now.

Folks, if a thread hasn't been active for YEARS, PLEASE START A NEW ONE!!!

closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back