32)Frank Simila
33)Ryan Schnabel
34)3 gun, Ohio(if I don't have to work)
35)April
36)nvrquit(maybe)
37)9mmMike
38)9mmMike,s better half
39)YOU! WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!

Anyone else feel like coming out to play? Let me know so I can add you to the list!

Last edited:
Rope

Thanks Dave,
From what you say, it seems that a faster velocity bullet might help to sever the rope. But my thoughts are that a wadcutter or semi wadcutter bullet would be more beneficial no matter what it's speed. Those types of bullets would be more inclined to cut through the rope than. as you point out "push past it", as a round nose hardball bullet would do. My thinking here is that a .38 wadcutter (148gr) or that a 185gr - 200gr .45 would act as a "punch" to slice through the rope. Just a thought - - - - Quantrill

Rovert is here. As the old saying goes "It never rains, but it pours". Many of you know I've been between jobs for a long time, so I haven't been in a frame of mind to even think about having fun, and just recently, I got a job working my a$$ off in construction, so I haven't had time to spend on the boards here.

I'll be there with my Walther P99, Kimber Eclipse, Kahr MK9 and some classic eye candy that I just acquired.

Ray, please do us all a favor and ditch that %$#@! Kevlar rope you used the last time, will 'ya???

ROVERT LIVES!

O.K. I'll try to buy some good old fashioned cotton rope.

It was funny though watching everybody swear that they hit the rope. Geoff hit it at least six times. You could see the lead marks on the white rope! Everybody was beaten by a 14YEAR OLD!(my son) He is siked and ready to defend his championship.:cool:

Bringing...

My better half, G19, USP .45, and some .22lr ammo for the good folx who are letting my wife try out their .22s.

Sounds like you've got quite the crew there, Ray!

- pdmoderator

Gonna be great!

Just bring the targets that we agreed on. We just might need them! I'm looking forward to meeting Mrs.pdmoderator. BE CAREFULL NOW! They start out with .22's and then the next thing you know they start to take a liking to the rest of your stuff!:eek:

Last edited:
THE ROPE.....................

I have decided that since nobody liked the rope from the last shoot, or as Geoff would call it,"the rope a dope shoot", that I would change it. I went to Home Depot today and bought some 1/4 inch sissal rope. It is smaller than the diameter of the last shoots rope which was 1/2 inch. Another problem is that the rope will blend in REAL well with the backstop. I may just spray paint a portion of the rope in order for the shooters to accually see the rope. Just an FYI for you guys. You complained and your complaint has been answered. :p

Ray some Q?'s

Can we use the bunks in the clubhouse?

Should I bring a fan?

Should we perhaps get a headcount of how many are staying for the night?

Yes. All the bunks in the back may be used. If you have a fan and want to bring it, go ahead. From what I understand, the following people will be staying down at the club after the shoot:

Ray Woodrow 3rd, N.J.
K80Geoff, N.Y
SodaPop, P.A.
David Park, V.A.
rms/pa, P.A.(if i can get SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED to authorise my attendance)
3 gun, Ohio(if I don't have to work)

Some of the club members may stay down also. Anyone else who is interested in staying over instead of traveling back home, let us know so we can get a head count. David and some of the others are bringing some gun flicks for the evening entertainment. There is plenty of room(36 bunks)but no air conditioning. The club stays pretty cool though. Let me know........

okay gotting ready..
I have an idea... Its really easy to drive right on by the driveway for the club cause there are no signs or anything to let ya know its even a club.. Ray, can you hang something out by the road at the end of the drive to get our attention?? Maybe an old used pair of your scivies or something.. Better yet.. Mrs Woodies scivies would get our attention better:) :D
Maybe a handmade sign of some sort??
Frank

Its really easy to drive right on by the driveway for the club cause there are no signs or anything to let ya know its even a club.. Ray, can you hang something out by the road at the end of the drive to get our attention??

I totally agree with that. I think you should mark it with something. Just put a big TFL sign out there. Or armed guards in a guard house.

Roger on the B-34s Ray.

I'm not worried. Maybe I should be. (Is Mrs. Woody lobbying for a Desert Eagle in .50 AE now? :D )

- pdmoderator

sad to say i cannot attend.... darn ,yeck and other four letter words. i cannot place the blame on SWMBO,

just had my truck inspected....... what the heck are tie rod ends? why does they being almost destroyed mean i should not drive da truck and why do they cost so much. oh yes what are brake cylinders and why is it such a big deal they are leaking. it would have been a nice gun i would have gotten with the $700 bucks. arrgh

rms/pa
yeah its a 19 year old truck ... but it is mine

Here is the line up so far.......

1)Ray Woodrow 3rd
2)Mrs.Woody6(my better half)
3)Quantril
4)Quantril's better half
5)Parmasan
6)ammoeater
7)ammoeater's friend
8)K80Geoff
9)Hardcase
10)pdmoderator
11)pdmoderator's better half
12)David Park
13)jmlv
14)FlyinGn
15)FlyinGn's better half
16)FlyinGn's father-inlaw
17)Al Giansanti
18)Make Mine A Nine
19)Dot_mdb
20)Ed Pittman
21)Rovert
22)Rovert's friend
23)lochaber
24)DannyBoy(maybe)
25)CReynolds(maybe)
26)Daniel Weston
27)Russel Down
28)Ray Woodrow Jr.
29)Chad Holliday
30)Scott Woodrow
31)Frank Simila
32)Ryan Schnabel
33)3 gun, Ohio (I'm comming!)
34)April
35)nvrquit(maybe)
36)9mmMike
37)9mmMike,s better half
38)YOU! WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!

Anyone else feel like coming out to play? Let me know so I can add you to the list!

Last edited:
#@*&%@$$%#! Phooey!

I picked up a new (OK used) gun this week with the intention of giving you unworthy a fighting chance by using it at the shoot for the PD Qual.

Took it to the range monday and put some rounds through it. The damn plunger tube took off for parts unknown:mad: (HA! bet you folks don't know what a plunger tube is and what gun it is found on)

The range ordered a new one for me and will put it on but the gun will not be ready for the shoot:(

So I guess I will just have to use the revolver again:cool:

FlyinGn is foaming at the mouth Geoff. He's waiting for a shot at your title. Give him a good run at it. Looking forward to seeing his freak of a gun.:p

Geoff, was it a 1911? And it didn't work perfectly? I'm shocked. ;)

Maybe it was this weapon. It has a plunger tube.

rms/pa, sorry to hear you won't make it. I guess I'd better wait and get my car inspected next week. :eek:

Back