Who carries a "Mouse Gun" for CCW?

Our idiot government decided .25 and .32 calibre pistols were the preferred illegally obtained firearm of our criminals and banned 'em. Same with anything with a barrel shorter than 4". Mind you, there is no CCW here to start with either.
Oh and a .25 ACP will go right through a 2 x 4 at 100 yards. Assuming, of course, you can hit it with those wee tiny sights.

I've carried mouse guns many times. A NAA .22LR, a .32 Seecamp, and a .380 PPK.

I also have a LCP Custom but haven't carried it Yet.

I pocket carry a Ruger LCP or Sig P238 in warm weather quite a bit because of clothing restrictions. In cool weather, I'll carry larger guns in belt holsters, ranging from a 9mm SW Shield to a commander sized 1911 in .45.

Smart folks don't shoot 357 out of J frames either..............

Why is that? I have been doing it since 1995 and a Ruger SP 101 for a few years before that?

Of course I have never claimed to be smart, just a believer in the 357 magnum.

The OP and at least one other post mention a "suit" and or a jacket. My thought is dressed in that manner, you have a cover garment, and ought to about be able to carry any "serious" handgun one desires. Limited to trousers and a tucked in shirt, say as a dress code, I'd opt for a J-frame in pocket carry, but maybe my pockets are bigger than the next guys.........

Absolutely. I carried a full size pistol under a suit for years. I have a friend who passed several years a go, he was 6'2" and carried a wit-sec shotgun under his suit.

https://www.tactical-life.com/firearms/wilson-witness-protection-870/

I bought mine for $185 cuz it was 'strawberry'(as in PINK)...shot it, sold it..PITA to shoot, IMHO.
Took me a while to figure out the lcp is not a point and aim handgun--it's more of a point and shoot gun.

I carried a Seecamp for many years. A few years ago I bought a Beretta Pico. As nice as the Pico is, there are days I miss the tiny Seecamp.

An LCP in a Nemesis holster is my default when I don't want a gun on my belt. When I am able to carry something on my belt I'll use a larger 9mm with more capacity, but the LCP is an underrated little gun and I don't feel inadequately armed with 7 rounds in the gun plus another 6 in a spare mag. I work and the reality is I can't dress around a gun a lot of the time, and I'm also involved in a lot of activities with my kids that just aren't conducive to carrying around a larger gun.

Pico in my pocket/IWB in my summer light attire. LCR 357 as my cover garments thicken and for special occasions a OWB Sig 1911 Ultra 45.

But I always have one of them.

NAA .22 mag mini-revolver... ALWAYS. It is the “underwear” of what will be carried on any given day.
I will accessorize with something more substantial as the garments allow.

I'm guilty of sometimes carrying just a "mouse gun".
Normally, a Kahr PM9 (9mm) would be carried as a 2nd option ™ in pocket with a larger pistol IWB, ex: Glock 19 or 23.
However, sometimes when walking the dog, or mowing the yard, I'm guilty of carrying just the PM9 mouse gun.

My most commonly used carry pistol is a Glock 26, but I have a Sig P238 for pocket carry when IWB carry doesn't work. That is only one or maybe two days a week, but it's nice to have something for those days. I don't pretend that the pocket .380 is as capable as a larger 9 mm, but it gives me a fighting chance if things go south.

I'd call my PM9 a pocket gun, but I wouldn't go so far as to call it a mouse gun being it weighs 19.6 ounces with 6+1 gold dots. I do carry a mouse gun for convenience at times, an LCP II. But I am much more comfortable with a service caliber.

LCP, or Kahr CM9 depending on pocket size, and the opening to draw the gun.
Often my only carry, but at times as a BUG. But always one or the other in my pocket in a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster.
I've never understood the complaints about the LCP"snappy", or "painful" recoil. Generally, 50 rounds on a range trip with my LCPis pretty common for me.
As for the "thin" grip, add a Hogue Handall Jr. grip sleeve. I added one a couple years ago, although not necessarily for recoil. It just gives me a mor hand filling grip without any noticeable decrease in concealability.

Back