Which handgun would you like but probably never own?

It occurs to me that I have to add another gun to my list.

In my OP I referred to the .44Spl to put in context my fondness for the 10mm (that I've never shot).

Well, the fact is, I would love to have the GP100 .44Spl.
If I did, I would happily replace my .38Spl 6-shot with it...

Why would I want a Freedom Arms in .32-20 with a .327 replacement cylinder?

Because She got a .38 special but I believe it’s most too light...

I have several outstanding .22’s.
I have a Bowen .44 Magnum
A fella needs something in between “small” and “large”

I have a 3” LCRX in .38 special. It’s a joy to carry in the field. The trigger is really quite good. It looks good, to me. No fancy wood or metal, if it gets scratched up or wet I won’t worry about it, yet the lines are good- it’s plain, not ugly. Yet, it’s not a tack driver. I am still searching for a load to bring that group size in, but there ain’t no magic. It will never drive tacks.

The FA? It will drive tacks. 32-20 is one of those cartridges that very few will appreciate but those who do will be special comrades. A grand history, and with the strength of the FA, it’s a flat shooting accurate little hummer. .320 Fed Mag? It’s probably just to keep in the box to complete the “whole package”. Maybe for .32 special or something.

World class craftsmanship from a small USA shop: built like a tank, pretty like a pin up girl, accurate like target pistol, trigger good to go.

It’s for hiking about in the woods with the dog when squirrels and rabbits might be in season or not, if a coyote or raccoon shows up frothing at the mouth, or a Wiley tin can shows itself.

It’s the very opposite of black tactical strapped to your hip, it makes a fella want a cowboy hat or maybe a hat from the ‘20s.

I am really happy with the handguns I have now, but I wouldn't mind having a Colt Python, or some flavor of Wilson Combat .45

A Pardini Sport Pistol Convertible, .22LR and .32acp. They cost around $3600 if memory serves me.

Attachments

• OIP.jpg
    OIP.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 14
What Handgun

I eventually get pretty much anything that I have wanted. I recently got this Korth .357. I used to have a Colt Python and Anaconda. I have my local Gun shop on the lookout for a 4.25" Python now that they are making them again and if they ever bring back the Anaconda .44 I will get one of those as well.

20200407_094045%20%281%29-XL.jpg

OK, I'll type what I have been thinking since this thread started. My answer is:

Most of BAC's collection. He has some gorgeous guns, most of them worth more than I can afford to spend.

I did come up with one I'd really love to own - but - at this stage in my life, I'll pass.

An old smooth bore H&R Handy Gun in 28 gauge.

I shot a .410 once & it was a blast!

The Smith & Wesson Model 4056TSW. This is the only S&W compact size all stainless .40 caliber model and would fill a gap in my collection.

MP5 in pistol configuration.

I never thought I would own one of these, but when Atlantic had the "blem" POF-5s on sale last year, I picked one up.

And yeah, it's absolutely awesome.

In many ways, the POF-5 is the most accurate of available semi-auto MP5 variants, even more so than the HK SP5, as the POF-5 has a 2-pin lower and correct rear drum sight that the SP5 lacks, and has the uber-cool "MP5" rollmark that HK won't put on their guns. It's built on the HK license on HK machinery on the same line that makes military contract MP5s. The only real downside at all is the glossy paint finish POF uses.

It also didn't hurt that it costs about $700 less than the MKE clones and over $2000 less than the HK SP5!

Here is a photo of it after I tossed on a brace (but before I replaced the trigger housing with a polymer SEF housing).

pgyzc6j.jpg

I always wanted a sw 696, then they went away. When sw launched the 2.75” model 69 I swore I was gonna buy one. Realistically, a pistol of that size and weight, I’m better off carrying my sig with 15+1.

Back