Which handgun would you like but probably never own?

I would love to have a Merwin-Hulbert Pocket Army in 44 WCF , that was solid enough to shoot. Unfortunately one in that condition, and with both the 3.5" barrel and the 7" barrel, would cost a small to medium fortune.

Why? Because they are one of the more interesting firearms of the 19th Century American frontier era.

Dave

For me it's a 1911 A1 made by Union Switch & Signal.
I don't no why. No reason for it, but I've wanted one for many, many years.
The price sort of gets in the way.

I'll take a double barrel Peck in .41.

Specifically, the wheel lock Peck made for Carlos Qunito (Charles V), the Holy Roman Emperor in the mid 1500s.

Not only would it be the ultimate BBQ gun, I could take it turkey hunting.

1024px-Double-Barreled_Wheellock_Pistol_Made_for_Emperor_Charles_V_%28reigned_1519%E2%80%9356%29_MET_DP272457.jpg

A 4" blue Python. I think they may be the most aesthetically beautiful revolvers ever made, but I just couldn't pay that much for one.

Attainable, but unlikely in order

Bren Ten
.357 Coonan
Freedom Arms Premier Grade
Korth
Czechmate

The "it'll never, ever happen but since we are dreaming" gun -

A genuine 7th Calvary SAA

There are several older .22's Id love to own such as a Colt Woodsman, Hi-Standard or maybe a S&W K-22. It would take a lottery win to make me happy.

Inglis high power China contract. Missed a few opportunities to own one at reasonable price. Now it has become silly expensive. Not going to happen.

-TL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

A 4" blue Python. I think they may be the most aesthetically beautiful revolvers ever made, but I just couldn't pay that much for one.
LOL! Depends 100% on which end of it you're on ;).

I had a misunderstanding with a deputy late one night/early morning on a back road in Indiana. It ended up with me trying to keep my balance & keep my Suzuki from falling over on me & him standing outside the door of his cruiser pointing one of those 4" beauties at me!

Young fella and plenty nervous & shaking like a leaf...all I could think was, this poor kid is going to kill me over a misunderstanding.....

I was lost and trying to flag him down by pulling alongside him. The closer I got, the faster he went and the faster I went. This went on until we were nudging 90 mph & I backed off - for obvious reasons. He slammed on the brakes & so did I - and....I did manage to stop w/out dumping the bike, ,,,but just barely..

He had an enormous dog in the back that wanted to eat me alive....

When we finally sorted out what was what - he told me the night before a guy on a bike had lured a cop into an ambush & several bikers beat him half to death. He thought this was a repeat.

Anyhow - it's amazing how ugly a gun looks from the wrong end ;).

A real Colt SA .
Sadly , I've been a handgun enthusiast my whole life , grew up watching all the TV westerns starting in the 1950's ... the one revolver I've never had the chance to even hold , much less shoot or own is a Colt SA .
I have enjoyed a 1970 Ruger Blackhawk 357 mag. , bought new in 1970 , loved the adjustable sights and have no regrets but I sure would have enjoyed just one range trip with a Colt SA ...
38-40 and 4 3/4" bbl. since we're dreaming .
I'm 70 now and I don't see it happening but there's always the Lottery!
Gary

I have enjoyed a 1970 Ruger Blackhawk 357 mag. , bought new in 1970 , loved the adjustable sights and have no regrets but I sure would have enjoyed just one range trip with a Colt SA ...
38-40 and 4 3/4" bbl. since we're dreaming .

Back in the early 90s a co-worker bought a Colt SAA 7.5" in .38-40, and I got to shoot it a bit. Custom Shop gun, absolutely beautiful workmanship, fit, and finish.

Unfortunately, for me, the rest of the gun was a disappointment. IT shot well, but I was used to shooting 250gr slugs at just under 1100fps from my Ruger Blackhawk, and frankly the .38-40 just "underwhelmed" me.

Light recoil and essentially a loud "pop" instead of the "boom!" I was used to.

Also, with over a decade shooting Ruger Blackhawks at that time, the Colt, while very pretty, seems small and fragile.

As far as a handgun I'd love to have but will certainly never own, Dirty Harry's .44 Auto Mag or a .45acp Luger would fit the bill. :D

Mateba Unica 6.

A friend has one and let me borrow it. It was fun, and nice to shoot 6 rounds of .357mag at the speed of a semi-auto.

However, I realized that I'd rather have my GP100, as I can shoot any weight/power of .38sp or .357mag round without issues. With the Mateba the .38sp was not generating enough 'oomph' to cycle the pistol, and my higher power .357mag rounds were moving it too fast. Kind of like the Desert Eagle: it requires a 'sweet spot' loading of the round to run smoothly.

I like it and had fun, but he didn't make a sale, or make me jealous.

Fun gun though!

Back