Which handgun would you like but probably never own?

As an old guy, 73, I grew up watching every Jame Bond film and fell in love with his Walther PPK. Always wanted one..... or a CZ 83.

In addition to the Desert Eagle .50 I mentioned before, I've always wanted a Freedom Arms .454 Cas but it's too much money for a gun I'd hardly ever shoot...

Tony

I’ve had a lot of wild guns over the years. Auto mags to Pythons. Lugers, Mausers, P38s and everything in between. We I was growing up militaries were pretty cheap. I bought K32s new in 60s. Still have a raft of S&W revolvers and a couple dozen other classics. I like a lot of others would like a Sig 210. I don’t know if it would shoot better than my HiPower Comp model to make it worth the money.

.41 Automag

That one would be tough to find, as there never was an actual .41 AMP round. There were a handful of .41 caliber Auto Mag barrels, (along with .22, 25, & 30 cal wildcats on the .44AMP case) Never production items. The .41 round on the .44AMP case is known as the .41 JMP (Jurras Mag Pistol) and they are uber rare.

Been a long time and there wasn't a lot of info about the round back then, but if I remember right, the .41 JMP was made to headspace on the case mouth, like the .44, as the small shoulder wasn't enough to be reliable.

H&K P7. Love them. Shoulda bought one when they were available in the shops, but couldn't quite afford one. Now they're outta sight, for me.

Not enough cash.

Mint Colt python or Browning Hi power. Remington XP-100 [Custom Shop] chambered in 223.

Last edited:
DWM P.08
Mauser C96 Red Nine

The above two for historical reasons.

maybe Freedom Arms in 45/70 for just sheer awesomeness, but I don't want to have to stock 45/70 ammo, or I'd need to buy a rifle also. anything larger than .44mag is not pleasant for me for more than 5 rounds, in my experience.

Last edited:
Goodness me, folks! I see a lot of guns being listed but no reasons for wanting them!!

The question was what and why?

Keep going with the "what" but let's add some "why"!!

Otherwise, we can kiss dialogue goodbye!!

;)

Do you mean you are asking Jeff Cooper's Embarrassing Question - "What is it to be FOR?"

I think I have gotten over the Cool Factor and would only be interested in something to improve my scores or better defend myself with.
The Laugo Alien looks like a suitable IPSC or IDPA gun. But US$5000 seems a lot.

Back