Which handgun would you like but probably never own?

Wouldn't have a Korth if they gave it to me. That thing is waaaay to big. Heck, it's so big it even screwed up this whole thread. Now I can hardly read anything in it!:D

FrankenMauser At a local trap range one day reading the for sale list and a Wildey was for sale local . The Wildey a holster 50 rounds of ammo $450.00 .

Some times i just do not stop a think
Yep.
Sometimes, the universe is trying to tell you something.

My problem - since Wildeys are actually fairly affordable** - is that it isn't just the pistol.
I'm afraid it will be like potato chips: You can't have just one.
One Wildey will turn into three Wildeys. And then I'll have to have a full set of barrels for each one. And then I'll need to track down an original presentation case, or two.
And, with my luck, I wouldn't ever find a good deal on a .475 model. So, I'd eventually end up over-paying, just to get the one that I actually want.
And holsters...
And reloading dies...
And...

**Holy crap! I retract that statement about being affordable. I guess I should check the market more than once a decade. Last time I looked, a shooter could be picked up for $1,200. Now, a decent one is $5k. :eek:

I took a few shots with a S&W .44 Mag and .500. Pretty stout recoil but not interested in writing the check.

I have a Wildey, .45 Win Mag. Also an LAR Grizzly .45 win mag (had the .44mag, traded it) have a Coonan Model A, a Desert Eagle .357 & .44 Mag and also a .357AMP and .44AMP Auto Mags.

Took me over 30 years to complete the collection, and some of the guns cost more than the car I was driving at the time.

let me remind you folks of an oft over looked thing, when ever someone says "I can't justify the cost" I would remind you that if you have an income, you get more money, one thing you DON'T get is more TIME.

Wouldn't have a Korth if they gave it to me. That thing is waaaay to big
Now that brings up an interesting conundrum....
What would a person do - that will part with nothing - if given something he doesn't want? :D :D :D

Would he break his own vow - to never part with it - or - would he stay true to his word and keep the thing around - to taunt him all the days of his life? :D :D :D

Probably will never own-Desert Eagle 50AE or a Swiss SIG P-210.
Possibly will own-S&W Model 29, P08 Luger with matching numbers/mags/holster, Browning Hi Power, 1903 Colt Pocket Hammerless, 1st Gen 1873 Colt SAA 44-40

Now that brings up an interesting conundrum....
What would a person do - that will part with nothing - if given something he doesn't want?

Would he break his own vow - to never part with it - or - would he stay true to his word and keep the thing around - to taunt him all the days of his life?
Hal is offline Report Post Quick reply to this message
Well, considering he was being sarcastic about the picture being posted without being resized I kind of thinking he would obey Rule #1.:D

It is hard to choose just one, but I'd say most likely a 6" S&W model 57. I've wanted one for years, but really don't need to adopt another caliber.

From one extreme to another...

A S&W Schofield

A Glock 18

In my part of the world it’s a cheap fun toy

1261488433b45c3b3f502eddbacbe828.jpg

Original Sig P210 military 9mm. Too pricey. Also the H&K P7 or P13. They have spiked up in the $3500 range

Heckler & Koch P7M8 or P7M13.

Probably will never own-Desert Eagle 50AE or a Swiss SIG P-210.
Possibly will own-S&W Model 29, P08 Luger with matching numbers/mags/holster, Browning Hi Power, 1903 Colt Pocket Hammerless, 1st Gen 1873 Colt SAA 44-40

Thankfully for me those are still reasonably priced here in Switzerland

adf93d1c3dfecb853e51506f6bebe81f.jpg

ba4e0491077390643b7795f31f016ec1.jpg

A fancy 1911 with a price tag of over 1k.

I have a few really nice, well made, accurate 1911 but I haven't crossed the line from production guns to something "special".

I don't know that I ever will either.
I feel truly blessed to have the ones I have and can't see trading three of them to get one really "special".

For one thing, and it's taken me a while for me to realize and admit this to myself, the pistols that I have now can and do out shoot me every time I take them to the range.
I would never realize the accuracy built into a custom fitted 1911.

They sure are pretty though!

A Target grade 1911 w/ adjustable sights and target trigger built by Clark Custom Guns !
That would be my bucket gun ... If I ever win the Lottery !
Gary

Back