What's your nightstand gun?

Usually a full size 1911 cocked & locked with a mossberg 500 with "00" shot and 500 lumen light between nightstand and bed. Guaranteed to stop a bath salt smoking meth head in there tracks!
Ps... I'm a light sleeper.

Heckler and Koch USP .40 with weapon light attached and one spare magazine. Both gun and spare mag loaded with 165 grain Golden Sabres.

I like having the Model 10 handy because the Wife can operate it easily
The HD 12ga isn't too much for her but I think the revolver is best.
BPDave

Remington1911R1.JPG

Last edited:
My night stand set up has been my 239 for years. Right behind the night stand has always been my Mossberg 500. When something does go bump in the night, I usually grab the Sig as the glowing night sights are easy to see. My wife recently added my Ruger 10/22 to her side of the bed. I know is not the best caliber for self defense, however, 25 rounds of stingers is nothing to sneeze at.

My nightstand gun is the same as my carry gun, a Glock 26.

I have a 6" GP100, which would be a better nightstand gun if not for the Glock having TFO night sights and a Crimson Trace grip laser.

My well used but very accurate 3" S&W 24-3 (.44 special), loaded with ear-friendly 225 gr. LRNFPs.

I'm very surprised this is the first .44 special mentioned in the thread. No .45 ACP revolvers either, both of which are ideal for such duty.

01e59580-81d8-41e5-a267-2ff193669a4e_zpse2ae714d.jpg

Last edited:
Normally, it will be one of my Ruger Blackhawks in .45 Colt or .357 Magnum. Depends on which one I was carrying that day.

Or sometimes, it may also be both of them along with a Mossberg 500 that is in the corner, beside my bed. :D

If I got that right, the average nightstand gun is more likely to be a full size semi or a medium / large frame revolver; compared to what is on display on threads concerning CCW. Would make sense, after all.

Or am I under the wrong impression?

Back