What's your nightstand gun?

is your "nightstand gun" something your significant other can use as well in your absence or does she/he have their own gun?

The nightstand feels like a retirement community for beloved carry guns. When a shiny, young, new gun takes over; the old one settles in to the comfy top drawer of your nightstand.

My Nightstand....it now wears a TLR-1s
IMG_20130616_135642_605_zpsb6ac0fdc.jpg

My wifes nightstand...
IMG_20130626_182405_773_zps3b9057ad.jpg

And the good old 870 with a surefire at the headboard...

Springfield 1911 Loaded Champion ... loaded with Hornady Critical Defense rounds ... night sights help me find it, the only change was to mount a set of VZ composite grips ... used it in that role for about eight years ...

My wife can shoot it, but prefers my new LCR in .22mag ... she's also got the pepper spray and the old cell phone ... I have a spare mag, Surefire 9p and a four-inch SOG fixed blade knife ...

Glock 19 with Surefire light on rail, and 33 round G18 mag.

Second G19 locked in Serpa holster on my old plate carrier is at bedside, next to my AR. Standard loadout in mag holders on PC. Need to find a Serpa for G19 with light attached.

FNX-9 in a touchpad safe mounted to the bed rail. My wife drills me sometimes while we're watching Netflix. "Honey, get the gun NOW!" and I test my reaction time. The FN carries a light/laser combo, loaded chamber and 2 spare mags, all with 9mm+P mofos. ;)

My nightstand is a Ruger Security Six stainless 6" loaded with Federal HydraShok 38 +p.

The Mrs. has a S&W Model 19 4" loaded with the same ammo.

Both have target stocks, and have 6rd speedloaders with Hornady Critical Defense 357s in case 6 isn't enough.

Ruger P-95 Loaded with Speer Gold dots 124gr +p With a Remm. 870 Chaser :D Loaded with buckshot and Slugs.

Mine is a Glock 26, which is also my EDC. Familiarity is a real plus. I also make a point of arranging the pistol, a spare mag, and a small flashlight in the same way every night so that I can lay my hands on them in the dark. Even in a hotel room, everything is in the same place.

Back