What's the loudest gun you've ever shot?

Encore15.jpg

280 GNR Encore pistol, think 7mm RM in a rimmed cartridge. At arms length the 17" ported barrel that'll blow your hat and muffs off every time you pull the trigger. I traded it off for a different barrel but the guy I traded it to used it as a carbine.:eek:
My dad got a Contender in trade for some work with a 13" 45-70 barrel and a Leupold pistol scope but it had no ports/brake. Awesome fireballs.

40 mm Bofors

loudest gun I ever fired was duel 40 mms on M-42 Dusters.
The most ear splitting rifle was 6.5x 378 with ports
The loudest handgun was 30 carbine Ruger blackhawk, just as somebody posted.

I have to say a ported 22-250 that I bought and sold after shooting 3 rounds through it, WOW, was that loud, It was loud through muffs!!! If you are looking to give someone bad shooting habits that is the gun to get it done...

I didn't shoot the loudest, but was next to it at a shooting range. The guy had a 460 Weatherby Mag that was ported. Good Lord....

I have an original T/C Contender with unported 10" bull barrel in .30-30 Win. When you pull the trigger everyone in this & the surrounding counties knows about it!!!

Ya gotta love it....

...bug :):)

BTW: It has made a few deer quite dead very effectively despite the noise.

My brother in law and I have an LAR 50BMG single shot. It will leave my ears ringing if I fail to put my ears on properly. Not only is it loud......

We took it to a friends range. The friend has a 10' by 12' shooting house overlooking a 200 yard range. It is equipped with bench and windows out of which to hang your muzzle. The first shot muzzle blast took down two wasp nests from the eaves about 5' above the muzzle. I had to chuckle as the wasps were two dazed to get mad at us. The Orkin man never exterminated lake that!:D

FTW:

M110A2 self propelled gun. Shot it quite a lot for Uncle Sugar back in the late 80's/early 90's ..... some brits firing one in the first gulf war ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJfcVG8mu_s

A 5 square HE round weighed 198 lbs.

Zone 9 propellant charges were 88 pounds, IIRC ...... the shock of firing with the 9's would bounce you off the ground a couple of inches if you were within a few meters of the recoil spade.

Back