What's the loudest gun you've ever shot?

Definitely my Magnaported T/C Contender in .45-70. Indoors, it blows all the wall furnaces out in the range and causes people to pack up in disgust. Outdoors, it draws people over to try a shot. They never want a second shot. Obviously I don't fire it indoors anymore. In fact, I don't really fire it at all anymore. Life's too short to dance with ferocious guns, and this one tops the list.

.45-70 barrel and forend on bottom, gun is shown with scoped .30-30 barrel.

DSC_0564-1.jpg

I don't know if it was the loudest..but the most painful was an AMT 22 magnum pistol.... Very loud and shrill....(I no longer own it) I have 3 loud rifles.... A Winchester model 70 in 300 Win mag..BOSS system.... Also, a M1A Socom 16.... Also a Marlin 45-70 ported Guide gun....

Bart B

This could have been your friend. I copied it from some forum several years ago as a response to a similar question.

Onboard the Battleship New Jersey each of three guns in a turret was charged with a 2,200 lbs. round (not sure what that works out to in grains) and was backed by SIX 110 lbs. bags of powder.
Dudes, unless you were on the Enola Gay, I doubt if you've ever heard anything like this.

Back