Browning Buckmark UDX
2x Smith and Wesson Victory
Colt Woodsman
Smith and Wesson Model 63
Smith and Wesson K22
Smith and Wesson 17 no dash
Beretta 21A

Last edited:
I've owned dozens of 22 handguns over the years. These days I'm down to two and almost never shoot them. Just not a lot of fun at the indoor range. They excel out in the woods with pine cones and such as targets.

1954 Smith and Wesson K-22, Combat Masterpiece.

And a Ruger 50th anniversary Single-Six that's actually my wife's. It is the first gun she ever owned after escaping the Chicago suburbs.

I got bit by the 22 bug about 20 years ago, and still love to shoot them. I take at least one or two with me on every range trip.

My favorites are ( in no particular order ) a custom mark 1, a one liner smith K-22, a Hamden victor, a buckmark target model with a Tac sol barrel, a 1959 smith 41, a model 18, my newer 617, and my latest Izh -35M.

I have a dozen or so other ones, but they only get to go out to the range occasionally.

Single shots: TOZ-35 free pistol, T/C Contender for silhouette
Revolver: S&W 17-6 8" also for silhouette
Target semiautos: Margolin MCM, IZH-35, Pardini SPE

First, have a Merry Crhistmas everyone.
I have the following:
Beretta M9 22.
S&W M&P 22 Compact.
Taurus PLY 22.
Ruger Bearcat.
2 Ruger Single Sixes.
Kimber 22 Target conversion on a Auto Ordance West Hurley frame.
2 AR15 Pistol lowers with 4 22lr pistol uppers that get swapped around.
3 Volquartsen 1911 Target Frames and 1 MKIII 22/45 frame with 4 Ruger custom receivers and 3 PacLite receivers that also get swapped around.
Henry 22lr Mares Leg (my new favorite) it’s a blast.
Please no one show this list to my wife!

Last edited:
YES... Merry Christmas to all... since I'm the patriarch now, I'm giving out the presents tomorrow, they're all under the tree just like an Ozzie and Harriet movie!

Rimfire 22 handguns...

1) H&R Mod 930 revolver
2) Ruger 22/45
3) Ruger SR22P
4) Beretta U22 NEOS (don't agree with it's often negative reputation)
5) NAA Black Widow SA revolver ( tiny to shoot, just a fun gun)
6) Heritage Rough Rider SA revolver (getting into SA more and more...)

The Black Widow and the Heritage SA both came with a cylinder for 22 Magnum also.

Last edited:
Ruger Standard
Colt Woodsman (2nd Series)
GSG Firefly
GSG 1911/22
Heritage Roughrider

No particular favorite as far as shooting goes (they all shoot fine) but the Ruger Standard was my 1st pistol and is my sentimental favorite.

S&W 22a, heritage 22 revolver, ruger not sure which “Mark” it is. Plus some other various models Colt and some other brands.

I have a few, an H&R revolver, S&W K22, SIG Mosquito, NAA, and Colt Jr. in .22 short - but my favorite bar none is:

S&W Model 41. Sweetest shooter in .22 ever.

I own a Ruger Mark III Hunter --- and the one I like to shoot bestest --- A Ruger SA Hunter pistol, with 22lr and 22wmr cylinders.

My current .22LR arsenal:

Pardini SPE
Astra Cadix 4”
Otterup M70

In the future I would like to add a Pardini SP for competition use, and a Ruger mkIV for plinking with a suppressor, and perhaps even a non-single shot rifle like an AR-7.

I have two 22 pistols. A Kimber conversion for my Springfield Armory 1911. A really fun plinker as long as its sqeaky clean.
And a Taurus M96 target, that has numbered cylinders, very accurate. Its based on a Smith and Wesson K22. I carry it when out back country skiing in an El Passo Saddelry tanker rig for ptarmagin or rabbits.

Back