What Rimfire .22 handgun do you own?

Garand TD, my Buckmark has never gone through a full mag without a jam. This despite a return to browning and a trip to a local gunsmith. I have tried many brands of ammo, high and standard vel. I have tried three different magazines. The problem persists. I know most Buckmarks are fine, but my experience is a very negative one.

Thanks for explaining, garyhan. I'm not challenging your experience. As someone that's been considering a Buckmark, I want to hear about the good AND the bad.

Browning Nomad
H&R 686 Convertible

Next purchase will be the first step in catching up with the OP's Ruger Mk IV inventory.

I have three.

Ruger MK ll 6 7/8 Gov't
Ruger MK ll 5 1/2 Target
Ruger MK lV 5 1/2 Target

All great shooters. :)

I recently picked up an SR22 for my 19yo daughter to shoot. She's shot my old 22 rifle a few times and recently I invited her to go shoot with my brother and me. After a couple more range trips with her I picked up a pistol that she can call her own.

I just won a Gunbroker auction for a S&W M&P 22 Compact. Whether or not I keep it depends on how much I like it at the range. I have two other .22LR pistols. One is a S&W 617 6". I love that thing. It has about as close as I can get to the heft and feel of a full-sized centerfire. The other one is a Savage Striker bolt-action. Basically, it is a MK II left-handed action set in a composite pistol-grip stock with a short barrel (about 12" or so). It isn't very practical, but I like playing with it. I have managed to kill a turkey and a crow with it out in the field.

Just won a GunBroker auction for a S&W M&P 22 Compact
It's light which takes some getting used to. Fits my hand well and feels good there. Super stupid reliable. Seems to run on virtually everything. Accuracy for me is still "loose".
I just added this little gem to the others, Heritage RR
Had my Heritage out yesterday. It never disappoints.

Ruger MK III Target, NAA Sidewinder, and CZ Kadet Conversion Kit.

5AdiJ5d.jpg

cyecj3c.jpg

Had a Beretta Ciener kit, but prefer the CZ. Feel it is probably one of the best conversion kits out there.

I kind of want to get a High Standard, but have other stuff on the list before it. A Ranger II is definitely on the list.

Ruger Standard
Ruger MkIII
Ruger SR22
Conversion kit for Glock 19/23

Would like to get a revolver sometime but low priority.

I just brought a Rough Rider RR22B6 revolver. I bought it at Dunham’s Sports for 124.00. How can I go wrong as long as it launches a .22 bullet downrange?

Bentonville, check the screws every so often on that Rough Rider. A few of them may work loose after getting some rounds down range. I had the ejector shroud screw back out all the way and the shroud, ejector rod, and spring fell off. Fortunately, I didn't lose them. A little blue loctite did the trick and I haven't had an issue since.

Ruger Mk1 target, 6 7/8 inch heavy tapered barrel, adjustable sights, walnut thumb rest grips, Ruger Single Six convertible . hdbiker

Back