What is the most fun handgun gun you have ever shot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My BFR 460 always puts a smile on everyone's face.
DSCF0388.jpg

I don't think I could pick just one favorite. Probably my favorite by caliber:

• Ed Brown Special Forces 1911 .45
  • STI Spartan 1911 9mm
  • SW Model 15 revolver .38 spl
  • Ruger Mark II bull barrel/target .22

Glock 18. It only lasted 1.5 seconds (to empty a 33 round magazine), but it was a rush.

OK, all the jokes are already going through my head, so you can just keep them to yourself. :)

I like them all for different reasons. Some are accurate, some are powerful, some are nostalgic. I get the most comments from my 460xvr. People must love it because every time I pull the trigger I get great comments. Like "man you shouldnt even bring that thing to this rang" or "maybe it would be best if you shoot that after we leave" but my favorite is "bye".

Nothing strange about loving the 22... I thoroughly enjoy shooting the Mark III. Low recoil, high accuracy, what's not to like?

The most fun I've ever had with a handgun was with my very first one, a Ruger 22 Standard 4".
The S&W mod 41 I used to compete with ranks up there too.

The S&W M&P 15-22P is a blast to burn ammo through. I know it truly isn't a traditional handgun, even though it is a pistol, but man it is fun!

As for more traditional ones, I really like the Sig P238 SS. One hand, two hands, left, right, whatever...Very cool .380.

As for power, along with accuracy, the SW .44 Mag revolver 3". Once you get used to the blow back, it's pretty neato.

Attachments

• MP1522P.png
    MP1522P.png
    62.1 KB · Views: 50
I had to think real hard on this one but I think the one I had the most fun with was my Ruger super blackhawk in .44 mag. I was new to reloading back then and we would load up some 200gr. hollow points with 28gr. of 296 go in the back of the barn and vaporize cinder blocks. We all laughed like crazy and everyone wanted to try it. Recoil hurt like hell but it just made us laugh harder.

Ruger MkII with 10-inch barrel because I couldn't seem to miss anything! It was like a lazer! :eek: I was outshooting my friend with a SKS at a target probably 40 yds away. True, SKSs aren't known to be tackdrivers, but I still found it amusing (he found it embarrassing). :D I could hit better with that thing than any pistol I've shot before or since....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back