What is the most fun handgun gun you have ever shot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I own/have owned many nice pistols...really hard to beat (IMHO) a 9mm Semi-Auto..I have a Taurus 99AF.... Has a nice feel, just a bit amount of recoil, and is fantastic for shooting at steel plates or plinking cans. I have other bigger calibers, magnums, etc... but this one is a lot of fun to load and shoot.

WOW! So hard to choose. For it's versatility, my T/C Contender is certainly a contender. From a 22 LR 14" match barrel for very accurate, and economical shooting to a 14" 223 for furry critters with a pistol at 100+ yards. Then a 35 Remington super 14 for deer hunting, and a 10" ported 45-70 for blowing stuff up. Great fun in lots of areas.
One that just keeps on being used a lot on trips to the range is my Walther P22. Not as accurate as my Buckmark, or my Granddads old High Standard HD Military, but just all kinds of fun to shoot.
Then there is too many center fires to mention Calibers from 32ACP to 45ACP, 10MM, and 44 Magnum. I enjoy shooting all of them. But if I have to pick one it has to be the Thompson Center Contender.

Amt automag lll. 30carbine. So loud, very little recoil. Every head on the range turns to look when you shoot. Too much fun!

What is the most fun handgun you ever shot?

Had to be the Luger 08. What an amazing handgun. My father had one in .30 cal Luger when I was a young man. The angle of the grip was as close to perfect as can be. Before I was ever allowed to shoot it, my father would have me take aim at a bullseye target, get the correct sight picture, lower it, close my eyes and return the Luger to point. Amazingly the Luger would return to point without any trouble. When I was finally allowed to shoot the Luger, after hours of familiarizing myself with it, I tore the bullseye targets up. The Luger disappeared sometime during my youth and I still wondering where that old Luger went. Suspect dad and mom turned it into groceries, for us four hungry boys.. Luger is long gone, but I still have vivid memories of my dad and his Luger.

Ya know, I rather vote with Irwin. No, not Steve, he is dead - Crikey!

As Mike said, all of them!

But there is one that usually puts the maximum smile on my face:

Every head on the range turns to look when you shoot.

I can do that, with the Colt 2nd Gen 3rd Model Dragoon. There is something about 6 times 40 grains of real black powder booming out, that makes people notice and makes me grin.

Especially if they are downwind :D

Bart Noir

.500 S&W snubnose. A .45acp round is shown in the picture for comparison.
DSC05273.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I know you asked for a hand gun, but there can be no more fun shooting, then shooting a .50 cal MG. It's a feeling that can't be duplicated.

I like everything I own...and they're all fun....

Top 5 in my safe(& on a given day, one of them comes & goes as # 1 )....

1. Wilson Combat 1911 5" gun in .45 acp
2. Wilson Combat 1911 5" gun in 9mm
3. S&W model 27 4" Nickel..( .357 mag )
4. Freedom Arms, premier grade (single action revolver) 4 3/4" octagonal
barrel in .357 mag.....
5. Sig X-Five ..L-1 model ( adjustable trigger 2.0 - 4.0 lbs ), all stainless...
5" gun, in .40S&W ( holds 14 rds )...

#6- #10 ....would be a mix of S&W revolvers ( 27's, 29's, 19's, 18's )....and some 1911's ..../ Buckmark might make it in the top 20 ...not sure...but I like it...

The 1911s and M9s, when Uncle Sam, aka US!, was footing the bill for the ammo.

Now, it's practice, practice, practice with my carry gun, Ruger SR9C that gobbles up any kind of chap ammo without a hitch.

My first sixgun to match all the movie cowboys a Colt Frontier scout, it was, it is and will always be the most fun. The memories that pistol brings.

There are so many. Some highlights:

Beretta Bobcat Model 21 ... at 50 yards

Ruger Alaskan in 44 Magnum with Remington UMC 180 grain

S&W Model 617

Ruger MK II with compensator

HK USP 45 with suppressor

Ruger Vaquero in 45 Colt

All of them are lots of fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back