• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

THR is down right now...again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing to keep in mind, if there is an investigation going on, the authorities are going to want anyone involved to keep their mouth shut on the happenings, about the only comments allowed would be that there is an investigation happening, there are suspects or persons of interest, and they are looking at whatever they have to look at, and sometimes that is saying too much.

That's some great news Oleg. I'm really hoping the fix you are working on will fix things, it's just a sad thing when you are in the situation to fix something that should not be broken.

pax, how is what i said worse than oleg? it's not like i was the first to post this jerks info.

and how is it worse than gewehr saying he'll get him in trouble even if he didnt do it?

and how is it worse than bogie..

im just mentioning a FEW people in this thread. i feel like im being unfairly singled out.

Well, I, personally, see nothing wrong with siccin' a herd of legally authorized crotch eatin' K9 attack poodles on the fellow.

I know this may be a stretch for some folks, but try to picture the "takedown" in your imagination...

LOL tydephan.

not that i'm complaining.

hey, if the TFL folks just changed the look and feel here to that green and white THR BBS scheme - I'd hardly know the difference.

:D

Bogie ~

Quite right. There is a world of difference between calling in the police (with or without crotch-eating poodledogs), and suggesting that you and your friends will act as vigilantes.

The former is legal. The latter is not.

pax

hey, if the TFL folks just changed the look and feel here to that green and white THR BBS scheme - I'd hardly know the difference.

Now there's an idea... :D:D

I doubt Mr. Lucibella would go for it though!

well pax i still think you are not being fair, lets take a closer look at what bogie said:

Can we nonviolently have an address so that we can nonviolently request that someone cease and desist before we nonviolently break their kneecaps?

No. He denies responsibility. He does admit to sending the email that Oleg posted, though.

Yeah, right... Betcha that if we push things, we can find some reason to sic an entry team on his house... With a crotch-eatin' k-9 just for grins...

Thats a little different than what he said now. I WHOLEHEARTEDLY APPROVE but if i am being censured than so should he. :(

:D hso, you'll have to stand in line and wait your turn.

Heh.

Bartholomew Roberts' most recent post is worth reading again, for those who still haven't figured it out:

Bartholomew Roberts said:
I know it is only natural to speculate about who is behind these attacks, especially since THR is down and the mods are being awful quiet. However, speculation can cause all sorts of problems. People may be unjustly accused or information may reach the attacker that helps him more than it helps us.

Suffice it to say, that like any crime, the more often he commits the crime, the more cumulative evidence is left behind. So as frustrating as the attacks are, they are ultimately one more step in helping us bring them to an end permanently.

In the meantime, THR should be up on a new server that is better able to handle these attacks by Sunday.

pax

And to add to what Pax and Bartholomew Roberts is saying, it isn't very High Road to be threatening anyone! It gains nothing and makes you look as small and as foolish as the person(s) doing this DDoS to THR and APS.

Just cool your jets and the rhetoric, all of you, and wait for THR and APS to come back up because they will. You are acting like spoiled children. I doubt you would let your kids get away with that kind of thing.

In the meantime enjoy the company here at TFL.

Also remember that everything that you post is read by the person responsible for the trouble. No point in feeding him.

"is it just me or is a good chunk of THR here anyways?"

A good chunk started here and only left under protest. :)

<<<===

John

hso said:
Also remember that everything that you post is read by the person responsible for the trouble. No point in feeding him.
What he said.

If you think that he doesn't know that everyone migrated to TFL, think again. This attack and the reaction is the way this low life gets his...er...ah...entertainment. Why feed it? Make him mad or make him think you are issuing a challenge and he may very well attack TFL too, just to prove he can!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back