• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

THR is down right now...again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arrrrgghhhh!!!!!

The "little darling" responsible for these attacks really needs have an industrial sized can of trouble opened up on his sorry behind. Pity that he can not be absolutely identified and have some of THR/APS's scary looking folks pay him a visit to talk about the error of his ways.

Banner ads might be a way for THR to generate some revenue to support its keep. If Oleg does go down that path, I hope he keeps them limited in scale and type. Few things annoy me more than flashing, jumping, talking ads I see on other web sites.

I think a THR/APS store might be a good idea, members could donate items, sell on the premise of some profits going to THR/APS maint, or buy stuff. There are a lot of vendors and shop owners that use the forums, good advertising, and easy way to sell online, I wouldn't mind paying $20 for a "fistfull did it" t-shirt, keeps the membership free, basically a virtual bake sale.

That's good news, Oleg. If I ever get PAID for my last commission :mad: I will be sending something your way for the upkeep and security of the site.

Springmom

There is a time to let cooler heads prevail...and this is it.

I have faith that Oleg and his folks are handling this in a very appropriate manner.

Common sense dictates that if there is an ongoing investigation or at least preparation for an investigation, then the mods will keep their cards close to their vest.

While I am also distraught by the instability of THR, I suggest we all cool out and let Oleg and company shake this thing out appropriately.

Just my $.02. No flame intended. :)

I think a THR/APS store might be a good idea, members could donate items, sell on the premise of some profits going to THR/APS maint, or buy stuff. There are a lot of vendors and shop owners that use the forums, good advertising, and easy way to sell online, I wouldn't mind paying $20 for a "fistfull did it" t-shirt, keeps the membership free, basically a virtual bake sale.
How about a cool slogan that could go on mugs, t-shirts, bumper stickers, etc...

Unless you got some real proof I wouldn't be harrassing people. Reastraining orders bring problems for gun owners.

how is what i posted worse than anyone else? face it, the perp needs justice. :(

i'll let up when my THR comes back.

i still dont get why oleg would ask for info and then when someone gives it, posts are removed. if you want info on the culprit behind the attacks PM me.

Last edited:
read the thread! everyone knows it was him. even before the email people were mentioning blackburn, this is exactly what that little creep would do when his feelings get hurt. tyme even pmd me and told me that thr staff know hes a weasel and that the only issue is trying to prove that it was him.

also when THR was back oleg posted the email w/ evidence headers again, and asked for people to post any info on the guy they had because of the FBI wanting info or something.

i think that makes it pretty obvious whos under investigation. besides i dont think what i said was worse than wanting his crotch to get bited by dogs, LOL! :)

everyone knows it was him
Everyone used to KNOW the world was flat. Doesn't make it so.

Investigation is a long way from proof. When you got more than suspicion and popular opinion then you still have no right to harass him. If he turns out to be innocent and he decides to slap all you harrassing him with ROs you are going to regret it.

PaDanby ~

On TFL, we do not advocate illegal behavior. This was one of the rules you agreed to when you signed up here.

Harrassing some dude who may (or may not) have been responsible for 'net shenanigans is not legal, and suggesting that you will do so is not acceptable here.

pax

Well, at least I now know it is not just my problem. I was on THR early this morning doing an edit to a post and thought I would go back to see if there were any replies. Actually, I was half expecting what I found since I hadn't gotten any e-mail notifications. Oh, well.
Oleg Volk said:
THR should become less susceptible to this type of problem by Sunday.
Thanks, Oleg. I know that you and Derek have your plates full but we all appreciate what you are up against and what you are doing.

That creep or those creeps, whichever, really do need to get a life! This is like those yahoos that think it is so neat to tag everything in the neighborhood. What does it gain?

Anyway, I guess we will all congregate at TFL once again and wait patiently.

Thanks, Pax, for keeping the rowdyness down. Everyone is just frustrated but I am sure it isn't anything like what Oleg and Derek is putting up with right now.

I know it is only natural to speculate about who is behind these attacks, especially since THR is down and the mods are being awful quiet. However, speculation can cause all sorts of problems. People may be unjustly accused or information may reach the attacker that helps him more than it helps us.

Suffice it to say, that like any crime, the more often he commits the crime, the more cumulative evidence is left behind. So as frustrating as the attacks are, they are ultimately one more step in helping us bring them to an end permanently.

In the meantime, THR should be up on a new server that is better able to handle these attacks by Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back