Smith and Wesson serial number search

Help with Serial Number

I have a Smith and Wesson .357 magnum post war with the shorter barrel version, my dad said it was later called the model 27, serial number S123XXX. I'm trying to determine when it was manufactured and what it might be worth. My dad gave one price and an auction house gave a much higher price based on pictures only. My dad has passed away so I can't ask him anymore. Thanks for any insight you may have.

I have a Smith and Wesson .357 magnum post war with the shorter barrel version, my dad said it was later called the model 27, serial number S123XXX
Serial numbers ran from S103000 in 1954 to S139999 in 1955. It became the model 27 when S&W began assigning model numbers around 1958.
Value depends heavily on condition and can range from several hundred well used to over $2K in "like new" with the shorter 3.5" barrel being the most desirable. Having the original box and paperwork adds more value as well as nickel vs. blue finish.

Jim

S&W 686-3 BMJ87xx

I just picked up my first revolver - a beautiful 686-3 - from my uncle. I'd like to find out more about it, can anyone tell me what is the shipping date with a serial number BMJ87xx? Thanks!

S&W Model 19-3

Hi, Jim!

I'm looking to buy a 6-inch barreled Smith & Wesson Model 19-3 in near-pristine condition. Serial number is 9K48504.

Would really appreciate it, if you could tell me when this gun was manufactured.

Best regards,

Rauke

S&W Model 10-8

I have a S&W Model 10-8 with a serial # of 18D9XXX Can anyone please tell me what year it was made. Thank You for your help

S&W Model 19-3, Serial Number 9K48504

Guess you missed seeing my post (#7509 on this thread).

Just picked up the gun today.

Could you kindly tell me when this gun was made?

I just paid for a Model 10 RHKP tapered barrel.

The serial number is BBH42xx

Can you help me figure out the date of manufacture?

Thanks so much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can anyone help me to find the date of a Smith And Wesson?

Hello from Spain, Can anyone help me to find the date of a Smith and Wesson revolver? the model is the 67, my serial number is DAR 6763-X. Thanks!!! this is very interesting to me!

Hello from Spain, Can anyone help me to find the date of a Smith and :cool:Wesson revolver? the model is the 67, my serial number is DAR 6763-X
The book I use only covers up to 2006. Your gun was made after that.

Jim

Back