Smith and Wesson serial number search

Hard to believe mid 1920's and it still works great.....
As long as there were no letter prefixes with that serial number then yes, mid 20's.
It's full name would be .38 Military & Police Model of 1905, 4th Change. They are great guns.

Jim

Serial# B 405681. Model# 33199.
S&W reused the same serial numbers across several different models so I need to figure out what model you have. 33199 is an assembly number. Take the serial number from the underside of the grip frame, see pic.
Is it a 5 or 6 shot? What is the chambering, should be stamped on side of barrel.

Jim

Help with year.

Hi - just picked up a blued 19-4 in 4"

Can someone give me an idea of the DOB? Serial #70K72XX.

THANKS!:D

I'll answer my own post. A guy over at the S&W Forum replied that an AYN serial number is likely late 1987.

Maybe it'll help someone else out here.

Thanks.

Question about a small 22 revolver

I inherited a small 22 caliber S+W Revolver. Outward appearance, it seems is about the size of a Model 36. The serial number is 27376, with a second number on the cylinder arm of 11714. I cannot determine the model. I would appreciate any insights.

I inherited a small 22 caliber S+W Revolver. Outward appearance, it seems is about the size of a Model 36. The serial number is 27376, with a second number on the cylinder arm of 11714. I cannot determine the model. I would appreciate any insights.
To determine model number and DOB I need more info. A picture would help. Otherwise, is it fixed or adjustable sights? Round or square butt? Barrel length?

Jim

Hi guys! New to SW and new to this group. My name is Richard and i bought two SW revolvers. My model 60 from a pawn shop and a 686 Plus Talo from Tombstone Tactical. I was hoping to get a the year they were made based on serial numbers. Thanks in advance!

ddm9942 (686)
cnv9060 (model 60)

jamesfross1

The 22 caliber revolver has an adjustable rear sight and a short barrel (1 7/8 inch). The butt is rounded. My internet picture abilities are limited but if needed I will try to get it out there. In looking at a Gun Trading Guide, I believe I may have a model 34 2 inch barrel with a rounded grips, as in seems to have the same appearance as a model 36. Not sure of the year of manufacture though.

Last edited:
ddm9942 (686)
cnv9060 (model 60)
The book I'm using only covers up to 2006. Your guns where produced after that date.

Jamesfross1,

I believe you are correct. It was known as the Model of 1953 .22/.32 Kit Gun from 1953 to about 1958 when it became the model 34. The 2" barrel began in 1957. Serial numbers ran from 101 in 1953 to 135465 in 1969. If yours does not have the model number stamped on the frame cutout then I would gues it was made right around 1958.

Jim

Thank you, I just wanted to get a little to Grandpa's old 22. He scratched his name in it so it is a family legacy, but I wanted to know age and heritage of the model.

Could I get a 'Born on Date' for my new to me S&W 10-5?
It has a 2" barrel, square grip and a blue finish. Serial C9716**.

Back