Smith and Wesson serial number search

So it is no sense if the new grip is round or square butt, all should fit?
From there I find only "round butts" for J-frame.
I see from the link they only list round butt and since model 63's are square butt I would assume they will not fit.

Jim

I just got a sweet model 10 no dash for 425$ in really good condition! serial number is C 452xxx i think its from early 60s can anyone help?

S&W Hand Ejector

Howdy folks!

I recently bought two S&W revolvers (I have never owned any revolvers before).
I was hoping if someone can help me with some info on the revolvers like manu date/exact model. Will load up some pictures later.

The previous owner stated that these two revolvers were S&W Hand ejectors one 38-40 and the other was a 38.

Both guns are of a 5 screw version s/n are engraved on the bottom of their handles and cylinder. There is no letting in the s/n, on the barrel there's an engraving of "32 Winchester CTG"

1st gun s/n = 197xx
2nd gun s/n = 252xx

Last edited:
he previous owner stated that these two revolvers were S&W Hand ejectors one 38-40 and the other was a 38.

Both guns are of a 5 screw version s/n are engraved on the bottom of their handles and cylinder. There is no letting in the s/n, on the barrel there's an engraving of "32 Winchester CTG"

1st gun s/n = 197xx
2nd gun s/n = 252xx
If one is a 32 Win. then what is the chambering of the other? It should also be stamped on the side of the barrel. I assume both are 6 shot. Will need to know which gun has which serial number as S&W used the same serial numbers on different models.

Jim

SW

Yes Jim, both are 6 shots and also both engraving of "32 Winchester CTG"

1st gun s/n = 197xx , has a patient date ending Dec 07.01
2nd gun s/n = 252xx , has a patient date ending Jul 07.03

Attachments

• IMG_3483.JPG
    IMG_3483.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 17
  • FullSizeRender_1.jpg
    FullSizeRender_1.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3464.JPG
    IMG_3464.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
It's puzzling that the previous owner thought one was a .38-40 and the other was a .38 since they are clearly both .32-20 M&P (fixed sight) revolvers.

I removed some of the data from my post. I think I was looking at the wrong info. The more I looked at it, the more I think they might both be Model of 1905 revolvers.

Someone with the Standard Catalog (Supica & Nahas) reference will soon be along.

Back