Obama's true color and Rev. Wright

ugh madmag, you are such a typical white person.

Guilty as charged.:eek:

Now I did see a show the other day on the history channel (or discovery). About American war ships intercepting slave ships in the 1860's and setting the slaves free back to safe ports in Africa. Don't know if they were typical whites, but it appears they were trying to do the right thing. Of course it's typical of me to point this out.:cool:

I'm not sure about the terrorist aspect, however the link between Obama and William Ayers has been public knowledge for quite some time. If the press does its job, Obama will hopefully be asked to answer some questions about Mr. Ayers in the not-too-distant future.

[EDIT]Seems a bunch of people already beat me to it.[/EDIT]

God bless America! Anything to make a buck!:D

The bottom line is that in this world, money ideas flow from the US and Japan...all the rest are knockoffs :)

WildtypicalfatguyAlaska TM

If the press does its job, Obama will hopefully be asked to answer some questions about Mr. Ayers in the not-too-distant future.

I agree. These things take care of themselves. If there is meat to the story then Obama will be asked hard questions, but if it's just one persons speculation then he might get a pass. Next day or two will tell, but if there is any truth to the story then obviously Obama will be hurting.

The press and Obama's opponents have dug up lots of interesting stuff from Obama's past to call his political future into question. The subject of William Ayers, a member of the domestic terrorist group the Weathermen, will hopefully be explored in detail.

Hmmmmm ...

And now for a different perspective ....

Of National Lies and Racial Amnesia: Jeremiah Wright, Barack Obama, and the Audacity of Truth

By TIM WISE

For most white folks, indignation just doesn't wear well. Once affected or conjured up, it reminds one of a pudgy man, wearing a tie that may well have fit him when he was fifty pounds lighter, but which now cuts off somewhere above his navel and makes him look like an idiot.

Indignation doesn't work for most whites, because having remained sanguine about, silent during, indeed often supportive of so much injustice over the years in this country--the theft of native land and genocide of indigenous persons, and the enslavement of Africans being only two of the best examples--we are just a bit late to get into the game of moral rectitude. And once we enter it, our efforts at righteousness tend to fail the test of sincerity.

But here we are, in 2008, fuming at the words of Pastor Jeremiah Wright, of Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago--occasionally Barack Obama's pastor, and the man whom Obama credits with having brought him to Christianity--for merely reminding us of those evils about which we have remained so quiet, so dismissive, so unconcerned. It is not the crime that bothers us, but the remembrance of it, the unwillingness to let it go--these last words being the first ones uttered by most whites it seems whenever anyone, least of all an "angry black man" like Jeremiah Wright, foists upon us the bill of particulars for several centuries of white supremacy.

But our collective indignation, no matter how loudly we announce it, cannot drown out the truth. And as much as white America may not be able to hear it (and as much as politics may require Obama to condemn it) let us be clear, Jeremiah Wright fundamentally told the truth.

Article continues here ...

And now for a different perspective ....

Ah yes, the ole guilt trip thing. I am going to let you and Mr. wise shoulder the guilt on this one. Sorry, but I just don't feel guilty for things I did not directly cause or do. Spewing hate from the pulpit and trying to infuse a younger generation with hate is not my idea of a person to admire.

From the recent down swing in the polls for Obama, it appears a few other people don't feel too guilty either.:cool:

Ah yes, the ole guilt trip thing. I am going to let you and Mr. wise shoulder the guilt on this one. Sorry, but I just don't feel guilty for things I did not directly cause or do. Spewing hate from the pulpit and trying to infuse a younger generation with hate is not my idea of a person to admire.
It's not about a guilt trip -- it's about ...

1) Dealing with the reality of our country's history
2) Acknowledging that there were real injustices
3) Coming to terms with the fact that what happened then has a very real effect on what is happening today.

Nobody cares if you feel guilty -- but people are insulted with others say that was a long time ago and it doesn't matter anymore.

This is the most accurate comment I have read about Mr. Wise.
Tim Wise Leftwing race activist (and self-flagellating white male)
Source:
http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/Articles/WiseDTN.htm

I'll bite

"that was a long time ago and it doesn't matter anymore."

You had that in quotation marks. Can you find and post I ever made with that statement? Anywhere? Waiting. BTW, you had the words when you say ahead of the quote. So, again when and where??

I am pretty easing going, but I don't appreciate anyone attributing a statement to me that I absolutely never made. I guess accuracy is not your thing. Just as long as others reading understand I never made such a statement. If you want to draw a general conclusion on your opinion, then fine, but don't put quotes on your conclusion then attribute it to me.

That looks better. I see you took out the quotes and made it a general statement.

Last edited:
Quotes removed -- and I apologize if I offended you.

That said, I don't want to divert from the points I made earlier -- specifically:

It's not about a guilt trip -- it's about ...

3) Coming to terms with the fact that what happened then has a very real effect on what is happening today.

#1- Absolutely. It's part of our Country's history. And not a good part. Neither is the massacre at Wounded Knee, but it happened. It's also part of our history that whites fought a civil war over the disagreements about slavery.

#2- I think I acknowledge they happened above.

#3- I think the way Rev. Wright wants to come to terms is to pass on his hatred of what happened to younger generations. The study of history to learn is great, but he is using history to re-generate hatred to a lot of people that were not even around when the wrongs were committed. IMO, the last place he should be doing his hate spewing from is the pulpit.

It's interesting Obama gave his speech in Philadelphia. I grew up in inner-city Philadelphia in an 80% black neighborhood. I had atrocities committed upon me or in my presence by blacks for no reason that I or others were white. However, I don't villify all blacks because of that. However, the good reverend is a race huckster that fosters the hatred that made those atrocities acceptable to some. Obama has defended and supported him though he is now trying to duck blame. I consider the Obamanation the same as the reverend except more sly and devious.

Whatever you think Rev. Wright is, he is definitely NOT a "race huckster." His church's congreation is very diverse -- from some of the most educated people in the city to some of the poorest. More importantly, he hasn't made a dime from kickbacks, boycotts or anything else.

Rev. Wright's ministries are meeting the needs of a community and the growth the congration has experienced has been solely because of the strength of his message and how it resonates with that community.

You may not like (or understand) what he says -- and the 30-second soundbites won't help you -- but he has made a tremendous difference in the lives of thousands of people - black, white and otherwise.

BTW -- I'm still looking for the "hate" that he was preaching.

Oh, just the whole "GOD DAMN AMERICA" thing kind of rubs (some of) us the wrong way. But hey, I'm sure that he helped a lot of people while he was standing inside a church and demanding that God damn America. :rolleyes: I'd like to know how that statement helped a lot of people. How did it help?

How about Wright's belief that the government created the HIV virus to kill black people? How has that helped people?

Damning American and nutball conspiracy theories. Welcome to the Obama camp.

Back